Discrimination Against Gays

flamingemt2011

I'm more likely to go after a female, because honestly, they're less dramatic.

LOL! You've obviously been dating different females than I have! After all the drama I have endured, I'm surprised I haven't switched teams yet.

I wouldn't really say that lesbians are better accepted. I think they're still pretty well despised. It's just that we have come to realise that they are the majority of females in EMS, and you can't fight those kinds of numbers. Besides, they tend to only want to work with other dykes, so it doesn't affect the rest of us much.

"They are the majority of females..."

Dust, I think you are assuming that just because they don't want to sleep with you, they are dykes...

• Like 2

I would disagree, since most the "hirers" are white men, I would think they are not as intimidated by lesbians, whereas a flaming gay male would freak them out.

If that were the case, wouldn't not hiring the lesbians be more beneficial since it cuts down on the 'competition'?

I can think of a scene from a movie, that would be hilarious to post here... B/c it just fits.

It's work safe... But it's a parody of American Pie.

This is probably not the right forum to get the particular stories you're looking for. Many say they do not discriminate but many do. This is the world we're in.

Check this site:

http://www.comingoutfrombehindthebadge.com/book-store/about-our-new-book/

Good luck on the article...

To whom are you specifically referring to, and what evidence are you basing these accusations on?

You DO realize that if you're just talking out your ass (which I strongly suspect), you're potentially opening yourself up for a libel suit?

I would disagree, since most the "hirers" are white men, I would think they are not as intimidated by lesbians, whereas a flaming gay male would freak them out.

Yeah, a flaming gay pretty much freaks everyone out I think....

Dwayne

To whom are you specifically referring to, and what evidence are you basing these accusations on?

You DO realize that if you're just talking out your ass (which I strongly suspect), you're potentially opening yourself up for a libel suit?

Do you not live in this world? Did anyone on this forum answer his question? I'm heterosexual, so how would I know how it feels to be gay in EMS or in life? Many people just want to put their words in, just for the sake of doing so. When many have no idea. That was my point. My "ass" has said plenty.

Edited by NYCEMS9115

I can promise you that my employer will not hire an out of the closet gay male, which is ironic since Atlanta has one of the largest gay populations. I don't like any action that is "in my face", but at the same time is it fair for us to ask them to hide who they are ?