Discrimination Against Gays

flamingemt2011

Also note that I already have a "-2" rating just for asking questions. I dont think I have been rude to anyone in this room, but again, because I am different, I am judged and publicly given a negative rating.

I give just as many negatives as positives...sex preference is never a factor, quality of post is. You are demonstrating exactly what we are discussing...you are perceiving the negative ratings are because of your sexual preference and not on the actual value of your post. Much like our token NAACP member who makes everything about race you are now doing it over sex preference.

Also note that I already have a "-2" rating just for asking questions. I dont think I have been rude to anyone in this room, but again, because I am different, I am judged and publicly given a negative rating.

You weren't given a 'negative' for being 'different'. You were given that rating because you EARNED it with your topics that are only meant to inflame, and your poor advice. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with your sexual orientation!

As far as your JEMS article, you're not looking for a true cross-sectional sample group that represents the community at large, only those that are willing to support your premise (however flawed it may be).

Those 'negatives' were given on the content and veracity of your posts, and nothing more!

• Like 1

Was it really because my advice was poor, or just that it was contrary to what you believe ? None of us are all-knowing or are perfect, the fact that I have a view opposite of yours does not make me stupid or evil. Please also note that I originally asked for my gay bretheren to send me their stories, I did not accuse any member of this room of being a homophobe, nor did I entice straight people to jump in my conversation. I think over the past 7 pages, I have responded to everyone with respect. If you want to discuss veracity of posts, I would suggest you give a negative rating to the straight poster who threatened physical violence against any fags he saw kissing and groping each other. But I imagine he got positive points for that language, while I got negatives for simply asking questions. But I am used to it, the same thing happens every time I have a performance review, I get a lower rating than straights that I outperform on a daily basis, but I do not expect straight people to understand, as you have already decided that gays and blacks are looking for racism rather than experiencing it.

Was it really because my advice was poor, or just that it was contrary to what you believe ? None of us are all-knowing or are perfect, the fact that I have a view opposite of yours does not make me stupid or evil. Please also note that I originally asked for my gay bretheren to send me their stories, I did not accuse any member of this room of being a homophobe, nor did I entice straight people to jump in my conversation. I think over the past 7 pages, I have responded to everyone with respect. If you want to discuss veracity of posts, I would suggest you give a negative rating to the straight poster who threatened physical violence against any fags he saw kissing and groping each other. But I imagine he got positive points for that language, while I got negatives for simply asking questions. But I am used to it, the same thing happens every time I have a performance review, I get a lower rating than straights that I outperform on a daily basis, but I do not expect straight people to understand, as you have already decided that gays and blacks are looking for racism rather than experiencing it.

That poster ALSO said that a hetero couple engaged in the same behavior in front of his child would also recieve the same treatment. If you're going to reference a post, then it's a good idea to reference the entire statement, not just pick and choose parts of it that you can twist into being offensive.

You have been treated no different than anyone else on this forum. Similar actions result in similar response. It appears that you're trying to twist what people say to justify everybody being against gays; unfortunately, you're doing a very poor job of it and are looking for trouble where none exists (at least on the forum).

It's not that we've decided that gays and blacks are looking for racism, it's been PROVEN by posts such as yours with the whole theme of "nobody likes us, everybody hates us just because we're _________________ (insert group here)". Many of the people that are active in this particular thread accept people based on their character, and do not discriminate based on race, color, creed or sexual orientation. Those are NOT what makes a person a good or bad person.

No one here has even HINTED that discrimination and racism doesn't exist for certain groups of people; but don't try to twist a person's response into something it was never intended to be!

Ok Flaming for starters there were TWO of us who stated that we would initiate physical violence against those people. And if it came down to it I can think of no better person to have against my back when it came time to start dishing out blows. Dwayne is probably one of the most intelligent people I know on this site. Knowing him through his posts and our conversations he would probably want to react physically but he would find a way to get out of the situation using that intellect. I have learned from much from him including great restraint I can only hope that if the chips were down I could exercise the same restraint.

Also to Flaming...I feel like your advice is poor not so much in this thread, but in other threads simply because it does not promote the betterment of EMS. In this thread I can neither agree nor disagree with your opinions simply because I have yet to see you set out a truly logical argument.

EDIT: If only Dwayne could have taught me how to spell better...

Edited by TylerHastings

So, if this were a book, you would just be like a character. Like, say, The Boxcar Children. AK would be Henry, you would be Benny. That was just for visual.

Great post...however I had to go research boxcar children to find out exactly who I was. :)

I never read the series, never heard of it.

Just a tad off topic but relevant. LGBTs who suck face and grope each other in front of children gets a punch in the face(s) but watching this in the library, where children do congregate, on the computer is protected by the Constitution. If you're inappropriate, you need to be spoken with. Inappropriate behaviors are not limited to just LGBTs. We can all behave inappropriately but civilized beings talk out frustrations. They do not punch one another in the face because one didn't like what one did. Violence is reserved for self, including love one's, defense and preservation. Not unless you're the U.S. Government or some members of society and on the City. Of course this is all just conjecture...

No need to be passive/aggressive here. If you have a problem with a member, call them out by name and quote them. I have an idea; however, if it bothers you enough to take a thread off topic, you may as well not beat around the bush, so to speak.

Take care,

chbare.