PALS vs. PEPP

buckeyedoc

Do you prefer PALS or PEPP  

14 members have voted

1. 1.

• PEPP
    • PALS
    • Neither

Who here has heard of the newer PEPP (Pediatric Education for Pre-hospital Providers)? I've taken the PEPP course and think it's great. I know other medics who've gone from PALS to PEPP and think it's a better program. PEPP is geared more for pre-hospital where PALS is geared more for in-hospital. Just wanted to get other opinions.

PEPP was created and is geared towards prehospital care, where PALS is more for in hospital.

I think PEPP is a simplified version of PALS. If you can understand PALS and apply it to EMS, I like it better. If you can't, I have found that PEPP is better for those people.

Personally, I like to keep up to date on both as it helps to have a more well rounded approach.

Ditto Rid.

I too am an instructor/coordinator of both and get this question frequently. My standard answer is PEPP is PALS al-fresco. You are going to get the same information, just presented in a way that you can take outside.

It really comes down to the instructors as far as the content goes. Both come from the same place, so any variation is from the instructors.

We offer both cards in the same class, but then our regional faculty doesn't see the value of teaching the same class twice for more money.

www.lbwllc.com

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.