Canadian Election Results

HellsBells

Not really a fan of Harper but I guess his true colours will come out now that he can't use his minority excuse. He's still a crook in my book, he broke the law and was convicted. Canadians told him that we didn't care. Oh well. I have no issues with the F-35 but stop lying about the cost lest we put you under a mental health warrant ( not even the USA is getting them for 75 million a plane. As for the gun registry, remember the gun registry itself is being trashed, not the whole thing (last I checked) and the FAC costs the majority of that 4 billion. Weapons of mass distraction, seems Harper did learn a thing or two from our neighbours to the south. Good riddance to the Bloc, always figured we should just let Quebec separate, close the borders for a while then invade. No more unique culture and no more special treatment crap. Glad to see the Greens get one seat. I know I know, but I know it doesnt matter to some of you elder folks but when the ice caps have melted and im in water up to my knees (considering im in Regina right now its getting awefully close to my ankles) i'd still like to be able to breathe. Heard one too many Conservatives state that Global Warming doesnt exist.

Is it getting warm in here?

Dan

Heard one too many Conservatives state that Global Warming doesnt exist.

Is it getting warm in here?

Dan

Global warming exists? It was snowing at my house yesterday..... personally, I don't believe in global warming... I believe that weather patterns are cyclic, whether that be 10 years, 100 years, or 1000 years. Species evolve, species disappear - it is the "circle of life." Now, that being said, I don't believe that we should be so irresponsible as to not try to protect the environment, but I do get tired of hearing that we are all going to be on a desert or tropical island in the next 50 years. Even the most fervent of global warming advocates "David Suzuki, Al Gore" have changed their tune, and are now calling it "climate change."

But, I digress.

Happy, I disagree with your father - the NDP has never used separation as a basis for their party, as the Bloc has. Whether Jack can keep whatever promises he made to Quebec remains to be seen.

Many years ago, my father (God rest his soul) stated that he thought that if Quebec wants to separate, they should all move to Newfoundland and Labrador, and all the people in Nfld and Lab should move to Quebec.... that would solve 2 problems... the people in NFLD and Lab would now have jobs, and we could allow the separatists to separate - they could take that chunk of rock and have it, rather than splitting the country. Some days, I think he may have had a good idea. (But then, he also thought that Canada should ship all our criminals to Siberia, in exchange for forgiving the debt that Russia has owed for 40 years to the Canadian Wheat Board for grain sold to them...).

At some point, we have to remind the Quebec Separatists that if they choose to separate, that they cannot have the benefits that this country provides them: infrastructure, policing, postal services, international trade, financial stability... If they decide that they leave, then the door closes - they cannot use our currency, our infrastructure, our policing, our federal services. They will require a passport to travel outside of Quebec, and internatilnal import and export laws will apply to them. Oh Yeah - and they have to pay their portion of the federal debt before they get anything...

Climate change is a better name for it, warmer temps in some places make for crazy weather in others. Sorry Annie but your Dads plan would never work (no disrespect intended), those poor newfiews would miss the rock so much they'd want to separate just to get back.

Speaking of the Neufies .. dang if, Danny Williams would suck up his pride for a minute, and work with Harper for sustainable development of Oil and Gas Nationally. Seriously he would be a most excellent advisor for and new and improved (National Energy Policy) .. he blows the doors off Alberta's "give it away for pennys on the barrel" philosophy.

So next is Down with AB Provincial Regressive Conservatives we need numbers that are not 57 to 16 (entire collective opposition 4 parties) because that's the real problem with the huge majorities shoving crap down our throats for over 40 + years in Alberta.

Quote annie (almost an ACP) : At some point, we have to remind the Quebec Separatists that if they choose to separate, that they can not have the benefits that this country provides them: infrastructure, policing, postal services, international trade, financial stability... If they decide that they leave, then the door closes - they cannot use our currency, our infrastructure, our policing, our federal services. They will require a passport to travel outside of Quebec, and internatilnal import and export laws will apply to them. Oh Yeah - and they have to pay their portion of the federal debt before they get anything..

Zactly: I think Kybeckers got this point ... hence the dumping of the BLOCHeads.

NDP ... although on the campaign trail, Layton entertains the "idea" of opening up the Constitutional issue again ... MEH, maybe just a ploy to get the young tadpoles interested ... LOL.

Global Warming ... nonsense that's just a conspiracy theory ... :iiam:

cheers

ps Harper did not break any laws ... that is nonsense, HE / PC federal were "voted down" on a contempt bs rap, its not the same as a legal court .. just out voted is all.

Edited by tniuqs

So next is Down with AB Provincial Regressive Conservatives we need numbers that are not 57 to 16 (entire collective opposition 4 parties) because that's the real problem with the huge majorities shoving crap down our throats for over 40 + years in Alberta.

Agreed. As we have just seen in the federal election, sweeeping change is possible. Down with provinicial Conservatives, power to Wildrose Alliance!

Interesting comments from our neighbors to the north.

Thanks, folks. I am enjoying this- and learning a lot. Keep it up, please.

Reading about politics and issues vs actually hearing from the folks affected by them- are 2 entirely different animals.

So what say the Canadians about this election?

I dno you Canadians speak funny eh but Kiwi says ... CANADA IS AWESOME :thumbsup:

My Canadian neighbours gave me a whole kilogram of peanut butter, freaking totally awesome right here!

(For the purposes of Kiwi rating Canada as being "awesome" neither Quebec nor the GTA are classed as being actual parts of Canada)

Edited by kiwimedic

NAU ???

North American Union

think the same as the EU but Canada and the US and not so much so but sometimes included Mexico

The declaration signed by the two heads of state and titled "Beyond the Border: A Shared Vision for Perimeter Security and Economic Competitiveness," was described as "For Immediate Release" on the websites of the White House and the Canadian chief executive. Harper followed Obama's lead in signing the declaration as a form of executive order, deciding to bypass the Canadian parliament, much as Obama had decided against taking a proposed bilateral "Beyond the Border" declaration to Congress for prior review and approval.

My link

He needed the majority to allow implimentation without opposition. Having the majority allows him more free will to pass certain legeslation.

Yes I know it's more twords the :shiftyninja: side of things but if you read between the lines........:whistle:

edited to ad link

Edited by UGLyEMT