Numb tongue

This will be Very easy to some, if you are one of those please save the Dx till later.

This is not one of my patients, but rather a friend of mine.

24 y/o female. great health, physicaly fit.

States she has lost feeling in her fingers about 2 days ago, and this AM she awoke with a numb tongue.

Vitals 126/72 P67, Temp normal, BGL normal, Spo2 99%

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny same thing happens to me when I lick a 9 volt battery or go to an AGM.

Personal history, family history, Meds?

Dwayne

Super healthy girl, from a super healthy family.

Uncle has internal defib since age 35. Grandparent are in thier 90's. Parents are healthy.

Patient: Non smoker mother of 2. No recent illness, surgery, or childbirths. Social drinker.

Very active - Yoga instructor, marathon runner.

No meds.

Recently started Isagenix, which is a weightloss supplement. She is not using it to lose weight, just adding to her healthy lifestyle.

Recently started Isagenix, which is a weightloss supplement. She is not using it to lose weight, just adding to her healthy lifestyle.

This sounds like one of those oddball situations where there was something in the Isagenix that would make her depleted in some nutrient or some herbal supplement reacted with her funky. I looked up Isagenix, but couldn't find much info on it....

No meds.

No meds, but what about herbal supplements? Has her exercise increased as of late. What brought on the numbness in her fingers? Some type of injury or did she wake up that way? Does anything make it better/worse? Is it all fingers? Does it radiate anywhere? I'd like some detail on this piece of the puzzle.

Central Neurological Hyperventilation Syndrome .. or ok I don't have a clue.

No meds, but what about herbal supplements? Has her exercise increased as of late. What brought on the numbness in her fingers? Some type of injury or did she wake up that way? Does anything make it better/worse? Is it all fingers? Does it radiate anywhere? I'd like some detail on this piece of the puzzle.

Her exercise has been the same.

The herbal supplements is whatever is supplied in the isagenix program. No huge amounts/deficiencies of anything.

It is in all fingers, and now that you dig a little deeper, seems to be in her big toes too as she has noticed herself shuffling her feet lately because her numb big toes has made walking difficult.

Yes, she awoke with the numb fingers, and today the numb tongue.

Nothing makes it better or worse.

Radiate? numbness? :confused:

Tnuiqs: Sorry buddy, not this time. Although someday I hope... just so we can discuss it!

Midnight post after 4 hour flight

Myasthenia gravis. Just off the top of my head. Off to bed now

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk