Osama bin laden dead!?

BushyFromOz

I think it'll be more bloodshed for longer than a week or two, Ruff. I think they're going to play this for as long as they can.

It'll be interesting to hear any of the details that come out of this. I wonder how many of the big wigs they got with him. And who's going to be taking over. And how this will play on the local and international stage.

Still, in the short term, he's dead.

Get some of those pairs of underwear that are made to look like they have skidmarks. That should be fun for the TSA dude.

I don't wear underwear - I'll bet that'll throw em for a loop.

I think it'll be more bloodshed for longer than a week or two, Ruff. I think they're going to play this for as long as they can.

It'll be interesting to hear any of the details that come out of this. I wonder how many of the big wigs they got with him. And who's going to be taking over. And how this will play on the local and international stage.

Still, in the short term, he's dead.

Al Quaida is like a hydra, cut one head off get two in return.

I also agree it's going to be more than 2 weeks but I'll bet the big attacks come within 2 weeks.

Funny thing is this, I just got a email from my project manager who said "if you are worried about flying you don't have to come on site this week"

hmmmmm do I not fly and let my fears win or not fly because I'm trying to keep myself safe?

strange conundrum.

Geraldo Rivera was on tonight and he had a big Faux Paus.

quote "Obama is dead, doesn't matter how" and he caught himself and corrected and said "Osama is dead". I had to rewind the live tv on comcast to see if I heard it right.

I'll bet some person in the media points that out.

Come on. Geraldo Rivera? Does anybody pay any attention to him anymore?

He was just the one on at the time I was making a sandwich. When I heard him say that I had to rewind and review.

Plus at the time, he's all Fox could apparantly get on.

Edited by Ruffems

I'm personally going to keep my reaction 'guarded' until I see actual photographic PROOF that Osama bin Laden is dead. After all, they've allegedly killed Ayman al-Zawahiri more than once, and he's STILL alive!

I'm also going to keep a sharp eye out for 'retribution attacks'; this isn't going to bode well knowing the vengeful nature of al Qaeda!

BREAKING NEWS: A US official says Osama bin Laden's body has been buried at sea (AP)

what more can I say....it sounds fishy....no pun intended...

Im sure the conspiracy theorists will love that

A sea burial is entirely appropriate as no nation would want the body on their land lest it become a permanent shrine, tribute, whatever and cause way more problems than ever imagined.

It is much easier to dispose of the body where no official burial place can be recognized.

Will shrines be built, yes, but officially they will be nothing...which is what is needed.

Did we really toss the body overboard...I doubt it but I fully support the "official body dumping" into the sea.