Hello from Oklahoma

NickLar

Hi all, I am Nick. I've been wanting to be an EMT for a long time, and finally I have the chance, so I seized the opportunity. I am enrolled to start my EMT-B classes in June, and I was wondering if any of you had some tips for me.

Hi all, I am Nick. I've been wanting to be an EMT for a long time, and finally I have the chance, so I seized the opportunity. I am enrolled to start my EMT-B classes in June, and I was wondering if any of you had some tips for me.

1. Don't miss a single class.

2. Ask questions.

3. Read AHEAD. Be prepared before class.

4. Ask questions.

5. Practice, practice, practice. If there are extra practice sessions, go to them.

6. Ask questions.

7. Have fun!

• Like 1

I was going to say, "Run away! Go be a male prostitute, sell oranges out of the trunk of your car! Raise pit bulls for a living! Anything but EMS!"

But dera's post is probably more realistic, and certainly right on the money.

Welcome man...good to have you!

Dera, I was looking at your blog. What is your cert level?

Dwayne

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you. I'm pretty excited to start school, but I am nervous I won't be able to learn fast enough.

Don't worry about learning it fast enough. Pre-hospital Care is a career learning process and it's just the tip of "Medicine". Don't be fooled by Providers who've been doing this for 10-20-30-40 plus years. We're always learning. Stay confident but humble. Good luck.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.