It is Wrong Here but is it Right Over There?

NYCEMS9115

1. I am NOT condoning the behavior in this situation.

2. Rape is a serious and horrible crime.

Ensure you are clear on my position listed above before flying off the handle and responding to the next part below.

3. I do not trust humans and more so I do not trust humans who have something to gain from sensationalism in mainstream media.

The cameras stopped working. Convenient.

She probably was assaulted (groped, etc) as I have seen this behavior in crowded middle eastern countries and during a mob/uprising, I certainly do not doubt the validity that she was violated in one way or another.

What I do have are reservations regarding the extremes in which she claims. Highly sensational case, she is able to raise her voice loud since she is a woman and as a man we are not supposed to ever question the veracity of a rape claim. There has never been a more opportune moment for her to have such a sensational story...a story in which she owns the rights, the truth. No one can scoop her, no one can issue anything without her approval.

In addition to this high profile situation, she can ride this story for years to come as journalistic experience, documenting the extremes she will go to and the shit she has endured to get a story. She has now proven herself in the man's world, she is hard core, she has subjected herself to danger, to physical harm, to remain true to the cause and still get the story...

I meant to write, "Horrible act anywhere but there?"

Apologies...

You're still implying that Egyptians condone this behavior. Nowhere in that article have I seen ANY shred of evidence that supports this claim.