Is this a HIPPA law violation?

ColinW

You're either lying when you said you read it or your reading comprehension sucks.

Or is it possible that you are just being a grammar nazi? The world will never know. I dont have spell check for starters, I wrote it, didnt proof read it and posted it then i saw the error after it was posted but I cant edit the OP. There isnt a little "EDIT" button at the bottom of the post like there is on the replies. But be real dude, you most likely use the spell check feature of the City all the damn time, I dont have that luxury and if you didnt you would screw up spellings too, we all do, its nothing to be ashamed of just how it is. Its just petty that when someone asks a legitimate question and they happen to misspell a word they get their shit jumped, basicly be called stupid and be called a liar by a mod of all people over a small misspelling. In case you didnt notice many members gave me their honest opinon and ignored the mess up but there is always one in every post I suppose. Its HIPAA not HIPPA i got that.

Two cops talking at a donut shop loudly: "Could you believe how bad Mr. Smith over there on Elm Street looked ? I didnt even know he had AIDS ? Neighbor in booth next to them and hears it. HIPAA violation yes or no ?

Provided the police department isn't engaged in electronic billing, then they do not fall under HIPAA regulations. Now, depending on how they came to know that Mr. Smith has AIDS, it could fall under state privacy laws, but those aren't HIPAA regulations. Similarly, it's unprofessional and possibly against department policy, but that is irrelevant when discussing the legality of an action.

Or is it possible that you are just being a grammar nazi? The world will never know. I dont have spell check for starters, I wrote it, didnt proof read it and posted it then i saw the error after it was posted but I cant edit the OP. There isnt a little "EDIT" button at the bottom of the post like there is on the replies. But be real dude, you most likely use the spell check feature of the City all the damn time, I dont have that luxury and if you didnt you would screw up spellings too, we all do, its nothing to be ashamed of just how it is. Its just petty that when someone asks a legitimate question and they happen to misspell a word they get their shit jumped, basicly be called stupid and be called a liar by a mod of all people over a small misspelling. In case you didnt notice many members gave me their honest opinon and ignored the mess up but there is always one in every post I suppose. Its HIPAA not HIPPA i got that.

Colin, please review the thread again, paramedicmike's comment was NOT directed at you.

All is well.....

No spellcheck? Cut and paste into your server's e-mail, as most have spell check in that function, then cut and paste back into the Reply box. Admittedly, I don't always do this, but it is available.

I just had to re edit, as I found an error while not using a spell check, as a case in point.

FYI, one can change the text, but not the titles.

Edited by Richard B the EMT

Colin, please review the thread again, paramedicmike's comment was NOT directed at you.

All is well.....

Im not sure who else it could have been directed at though.

Im not sure who else it could have been directed at though.

Seriously, ColinW?

Please reread the posts immediately preceding my comment you quoted above. If you like, pay particular attention the three or four posts immediately above my post you quoted above.

As I posted immediately after the person whose integrity I was questioning I didn't see the need to make use of the quote feature.

You were not the person I was calling out.

Seriously, ColinW?

Please reread the posts immediately preceding my comment you quoted above. If you like, pay particular attention the three or four posts immediately above my post you quoted above.

As I posted immediately after the person whose integrity I was questioning I didn't see the need to make use of the quote feature.

You were not the person I was calling out.

Ok i see it now, can you see how I misunderstood you though? My bad dude didnt know you was going after crotchity should have figured that though.

The Privacy Rule, as well as all the Administrative Simplification rules, apply to health plans, health care clearinghouses, and to any health care provider who transmits health information in electronic form in connection with transactions for which the Secretary of HHS has adopted standards under HIPAA (the “covered entities”). For help in determining whether you are covered, use CMS's decision tool."

And per the OP, this person transmitted the information electronically via facebook.

I SERIOUSLY doubt that any "covered entity" is 'transmitting health information in connection with transactions' on ANY form of 'electronic social media' (i.e. facebook, myspace, twitter, youtube, etc)

There's no need to be 'intentionally obtuse'!

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.