The Guys who give all emts a bad name

ColinW

Ok I have to vent on this, I know this dude who works as a basic for a private ambulance company. I noticed the first time I met him that he has the worst outlook on life ive ever known and he has a total lack of compassion for paients, bed side manner and professionlism. Just the other day he bragged about responding to a unconcious drunk whom hes encountered many times in the past, who was laying face down in a pool of vomit. Instead of turning the patient on his side he let him lay their face down on the sidewalk intil PD arived, he didnt so much as check his vitals since he was a "hopeless wineo". When he is around us students he spends his time hitting on the girls in our class, bitching about his ex wife or dispatch or his boss and his favorite thing to do is belittle all the students, making us feel stupid and unwanted. People like this guy shouldn't be alound near patients he is the type who make all of us look bad, he could use a good ass kicking and a different job i think. Thanks for letting me vent on this guys

• Like 1

So say something to the class coordinator. Go with a few other students and present your case that you feel you aren't learning anything from this person and that you feel he is doing a bad job. If you tell them that this person is doing what they are doing it should be met with concern and handled appropriately, especially the sexual harassment.

Its unfortunate but EMS is not getting better; its Advancement in Prehospital Care is great but the Provider has regressed. Look at our Grammar and High School Education; many can't read, write, or do math at grade level. Truants get promoted to the next grade. Everyone is sexting, BBM'ing, poking, pinging, & tweeting instead of studying. We will not become better as a society until we correct the youths but there's so many problems when you tell it like it is. Its not PC to do that. So that obnoxious guy; just stay clear from him; he'll burn himself... All the best...

• Like 1

There is one type of provider that makes EMS look much worse than the shithead that you're talking about...It's those that want to enter this profession yet can't be bothered to write above the 4th grade level.

Should you be pissed at this guy? Yes you should, and if you have a hair on your ass you'll do something about it. But you should also start in your own house. I don't care if you're ranting or raving or creating a PCR...spell, then spell check, then re read to make sure you're grammar is acceptable. Don't post shit that makes you look like an ignorant child in a thread that you've started to complain about people making EMS look bad..OK?

Dwayne

• Like 3

So say something to the class coordinator. Go with a few other students and present your case that you feel you aren't learning anything from this person and that you feel he is doing a bad job. If you tell them that this person is doing what they are doing it should be met with concern and handled appropriately, especially the sexual harassment.

I would do that but some people (including a few of them girls) knew him before we started school there, guess they are just used to it ya know "oh thats just how he is" attitude so he gets away with anything and everything. It would cause more problems I think thats why I came here instead of my teacher. He lives up to every american sterotype that I know of, no joke. Luckly he isn't instructing us other wise it would be a cluster f--k everynight.

"Oh, that's just how he is"?

The unfortunate attitude of the majority of most populations is, if someone is a bad apple, because you work with him or her, YOU are also a bad apple. You could be the one with the most lifesaving award ribbons pinned to your class A dress uniform in your entire city, but because one person has a bad attitute, and it is your unfortunacy to be assigned with that person, the public will view you as another POS. It's major Male Bovine Excrement, but usually is the case.

There is one type of provider that makes EMS look much worse than the shithead that you're talking about...It's those that want to enter this profession yet can't be bothered to write above the 4th grade level.

Should you be pissed at this guy? Yes you should, and if you have a hair on your ass you'll do something about it. But you should also start in your own house. I don't care if you're ranting or raving or creating a PCR...spell, then spell check, then re read to make sure you're grammar is acceptable. Don't post shit that makes you look like an ignorant child in a thread that you've started to complain about people making EMS look bad..OK?

Dwayne

Yeah, and don't take people serious that talk to you like this. I'm sorry about this post..I was in a major hardcore bad mood when I wrote this and don't really even remember sitting down and writing it. You didn't deserve it. I do wish for you to present yourself in a more professional manner, and with more self respect but it was hypocritical to present that point in such an unprofessional disrespectful way. Next time I hang my ass out like that..don't be bashful...kick the friggin' thing!!

Why is this loser around students? What role is he playing and who else is there in a professional capacity while this is going on? Whoever that is needs to be burned down as well. See what I"m saying? God bless the age of cell phones and cell phone cameras. Record this chucklehead doing his thing and play it for anyone that wants to listen and has the power to change it. Good luck Man...

Dwayne

• Like 3

Based on your bio, it says you are an EMTB student. As such, I'm assuming you are not in a position of authority.

Sounds like someone in charge needs to be notified ASAP. If nothing else, AT THE VERY LEAST, let a supervisor/instructor know that there is a provider out there who is dangerous. I don't know what the rank structure of this service is, but there must be someone responsible for QA/QI, and who could start by reviewing the PCR's. Best case scenario, a supervisor/training officer needs to do a field evaluation and monitor this person. He is not only a crappy provider, but a liability to the service/company.

Yeah, and don't take people serious that talk to you like this. I'm sorry about this post..I was in a major hardcore bad mood when I wrote this and don't really even remember sitting down and writing it. You didn't deserve it. I do wish for you to present yourself in a more professional manner, and with more self respect but it was hypocritical to present that point in such an unprofessional disrespectful way. Next time I hang my ass out like that..don't be bashful...kick the friggin' thing!!

Why is this loser around students? What role is he playing and who else is there in a professional capacity while this is going on? Whoever that is needs to be burned down as well. See what I"m saying? God bless the age of cell phones and cell phone cameras. Record this chucklehead doing his thing and play it for anyone that wants to listen and has the power to change it. Good luck Man...

Dwayne

Don't sweat it dude, no harm no foul. You have a vaild point it just came across a bit strong. I didnt want to say anything back to that since you have given me and many others alot of helpful advice on here ya know, it was a respect thing, I didnt want to question such a good member of emt city. But the thing about this dude is that he does this in front of his superiors and nothing is done about it. Im very happy about my schooling, im learning alot and im beginning to help people a little bit alreaady and i love that but i will never work there if a guy that like can be there for 5 years. The school/ambulance service has one hell of a line up of EMS personel, four vietnam medics, two ex-members of lifeflight crews, a iraqi war medic, and at least three RNs that i know of.....and that dude what a shame.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.