I finally caved - taking EMT this fall!

Desiree

Okay, so from my meet and greet post, you all should know I'm engaged to Bieber. Well, him and his good convincing skills got me to cave and enroll for the EMT-B class this fall. I thought I'd give a shot because it's only one semester and it'll get me certified. If I enjoy it, then I'd have room to grow and go further. I still want to do Nursing, but I didn't see anything wrong with at least giving it a try.

Any advice would be great, although, I'm sure I'll be all set in succeeding with Justin in my life, helping me through it.

Ever since I graduated high school I've bounced around with my majors, from Criminal Justice, to Addictions Counseling, to even enlisting into the US Air Force!

Well, I can seriously recommend going AF after nursing school. You'll get speciality training and good educational incentives, even if you just go reserve. And the uniforms look better than Army uniforms too.

EMT before nursing school is helpful, so long as you don't get corrupted by a bunch of bad experience (which most EMT experience is). But nursing school is always better BEFORE paramedic, not after, so don't let the sirens derail your nursing school plans. You'd regret it.

Good luck!

Good choice in going to EMT-B school. Bieber will be a big help to you, as he has lots of knowledge and as long as you enjoy the course and have the passion to learn you will do well at it.

Good luck and welcome to the CITY!

Well, I can seriously recommend going AF after nursing school. You'll get speciality training and good educational incentives, even if you just go reserve. And the uniforms look better than Army uniforms too.

EMT before nursing school is helpful, so long as you don't get corrupted by a bunch of bad experience (which most EMT experience is). But nursing school is always better BEFORE paramedic, not after, so don't let the sirens derail your nursing school plans. You'd regret it.

Good luck!

Thanks, I was discharged from the AF, actually, and don't have plans to return. I agree though, the uniforms are SO much better, loved the blues. I plan to still do nursing school next spring, I don't intend on changing my plans with that.

Good choice in going to EMT-B school. Bieber will be a big help to you, as he has lots of knowledge and as long as you enjoy the course and have the passion to learn you will do well at it.

Good luck and welcome to the CITY!

Thanks! Yeah, I don't think I'll have a problem if I get stuck, I'm sure he'll be hovering over my shoulder constantly any chance he gets to put his two cents in... haha.

I am sure he will, but it is a good feeling knowing if you are stuck you have someobody you can ask that has the experience :thumbsup:

Good on you Babe!

Depending on the class you really can have fun with it! I can see Beiber already laying the groundwork for his hot EMT fiance to be his partner at his new full time night gig! Sirens with benefits...nice....

Maybe he can help you with your EMS schoolwork and you can help him get a boy haircut..We'll all be better off for it!

Dwayne

Maybe he can help you with your EMS schoolwork and you can help him get a boy haircut..We'll all be better off for it!

Yeah, if you still have access, he could definitely use a trip to the nearest military base for a haircut! :P

Yeah, if you still have access, he could definitely use a trip to the nearest military base for a haircut! :P

Haha, he actually got a haircut a few days ago, it's much shorter, but not TOO short. Definitely not military short! I wouldn't let him do that.

Haha, he actually got a haircut a few days ago, it's much shorter, but not TOO short. Definitely not military short! I wouldn't let him do that.

"aight....fair enough...