Prayers Please

rat115

OMG rattie, I'm so sorry! My hopes and prayers for him to get better and for you and your family to get through this time. I've been out of EMS for sometime now. What exactly is the condition he has? Can someone else explain to me so that rat can tend to her boy?

OMG rattie, I'm so sorry! My hopes and prayers for him to get better and for you and your family to get through this time. I've been out of EMS for sometime now. What exactly is the condition he has? Can someone else explain to me so that rat can tend to her boy?

I believe they are thinking WPW (Wolfe Parkinson White).

Just a refresher, it is an "Extra" electrical pathway in the heart. The simplest way to explain it, is a tiny pathway that connects the Atria to the Ventricles outside the normal pathways. What happends is the electrical current leaves ventricles and sneaks through the extra pathway causing the atria to depolarize again, which sends another electrical signal tho the ventricles and the cycle continues.

The other type is basically within the AV node, to be honest I have not read up on this stuff for a looong time, so I will be doing that now. I seem to remember a electrical signal cycling around and around the AV node due to electrical pathway malformations within the AV node itself.

Anywhoo....

I have had a few pt's with WPW, they have all gotten abalation, and live a normal life.

Anecdotal I do realize...