Stanly Cup

PCP

tniuqs===

Hockey trumps politics any day :) way more action and last I checked...it was frowned upon when two politicians start duking it out on the house floor...while in hockey...we live for that stuff :)

PMHX:

I am named for my Uncle that was KIA WW2 RCAF fighter pilot liberating Holland, Grandfather a WW1 POW Fort Gary Cavalry, Father a WW2 pilot RAF FO, Mother a Korean Vet Medical Corps RN, Sis an RCMP ... Dust, AK and tons more on this website that fought for our freedom just so that we could debate and voice opinions ... that's way more ACTION than any dumb hockey overpriced roided out modern gladiators.

I feel its my duty to my Family to debate Quakefire (and he understands that I hope, I just threw a gauntlet down to generate a response and do respect his opinion, even though its wrong). :thumbsdown: I try to be rather well informed on the National issues and Provincial issues with this Profession alone. If we don't start voting understand the issues and then shooting letter's to MPs and MLA's so that they hear our opinions ... our very culture will be obliterated, national apathy is under whelming.

This was honestly not an attempt to high jack a thread but when National Funded TV CBC changes a shedule for a Leadership Debate I was livid ! ... Seriously its a VERY SAD day for those that died for your's and my rights and my voice my opinion, my obligation to make both our countries STRONGER, BETTER, less crime ridden with vermin and improved Health Care for ALL.

What does professional horkey accomplish for Canada National identity ??? WTF over a game on ice chasing a puck around ?

Right now the people of Libya know what Canada stands for and it ain't Horkey its Canadian Fighter Pilots pushing that bastard Kadafi ruthless bastard out, and all they want is is the right to vote and WE are helping them from being annihilated. I think Obama is right its time for real coalitions like the UK, France, Italy, Sweden, German and the Dutch to be the world police ... the USA has done more than their fair share and it just keeps everyone focused on the true goals. The world is changing their is serious uprisings, many other countries people are being murdered when they protest in the streets against REAL Dictators, Harper aint what idiot Iggy alleges.

Harper is the right guy for the this job ... proven a World Leader.

But really it's the AKs (I will adopt him as an Honorary Canadian) helping to cloth the children of Afghanistan, its the Dustdevils treating the Iraq civilian casualties, its the Canadian and USA NGO feeding grain to the Sudanese in Dufar, its the CMAT, IMAT and Global Medics assisting world wide Haiti, Japan providing clean water to children +++

THAT is what defines MY Country !

BUT ... WE GOT PROBLEMS HERE IN RIVER CITY and sitting on a couch drinking crappy beer and betting on a silly game is just not my thing. I got real shit to do and am very disappointed, no absolutely pissed off that the TV media Gods "time slots rescheduling" to improve their "ratings" is bloody criminal, then made jest of it, even though it was in French.

ps Flames still Suck :fish:

Edited by tniuqs

tniuqs===

Hockey trumps politics any day :) way more action and last I checked...it was frowned upon when two politicians start duking it out on the house floor...while in hockey...we live for that stuff :)

I was under the impression that it was newsworthy when they interrupted the fights to bring you a hockey game.

Since Im from Canuck country Im suppose to root for them,personally I like curling better

Curling?

One Saturday afternoon, my partner and I had apparently watched the same channel, before reporting to work. They had shown a Curling ... match? Game? Set? Whatever the correct terminology. Neither of us could believe we had spent the half hour watching it, neither of us understand what it was we were seeing.

And here is a shocker, even for most Canadians they do not know that Canada's OFFICIAL Sport is actually

Lacrosse .

Dear Dear Richard:

Watching curling on TV for a half an hour, their must have been paint fumes in the building.

Curling Explained:

Curling is a drinking game for most, the biggest physical challenge, after the pub is then you try to walk around on "indoor ice" as if we don't have enough ice outside already ?

Part 2: Then they mess with your head and put a slippery thing on, but just on one foot so you can throw big chunks of granite at targets ... the brooms are so you don't fall down.

cheers

Edited by tniuqs

Squint I can handle your views on my politics (not many were correct by the way, not really a liberal) but watch what you say about my hockey team!

I have hopes for the Habs and Vancouver because when my team is out I'll cheer for any remaining Canadian teams, except the Leafs (not that cheering for the leafs is ever a problem in the playoffs)

# 1- Is Ricks Mercers plea to the younger generation of which I support in its entirety !!!

And with the Internet ... he has positively affected Student Voting :thumbsup:

# 2- Is Ricks "explanation of Canada's Parliament, yes dated from 2009 ... but well worth the watch.

I sure wish Rick Mercer would run as PM he would get my VOTE hands down !

Question: To make a point (well humouredly)and(of which 75% of interviewed Canadians were WRONG :withstupid: )

Who is the HEAD of STATE of Canada ?

(Hint) Not the PM, in second youtube video one can find the answer.

Dear Richard: Curling was included in the Olympics for "political correctness", I dont get it ether, perhaps included so that at least one of the event's the tests for steroid use would come back negative ? ... maybe even sub therapeutic ? :whistle:

Edited by tniuqs

Hockey: I am so removed from Hockey, I don't really know which team to root for locally, Islanders or Rangers.

Did I hear that Curling is actually an Olympics sport?

Well, you better not root for the Rangers since they're playing my Caps in the 1st round... so Islanders it is!

I fully support Rick Mercer for PM or Governor General. Would also make question period far more interesting.

Caps I'm rooting for too, winning fifty bucks in the medic school hockey pool would be great

Hey get off the curling bashing. It is a SPORT I'll have you know. It is the only sport that you shake hands at the beginning and the end and the winners have to buy the loosers a drink. When you play curling in it proper form the bonspil, you go knowing that you may not sleep for 48 hrs and knowing you can drink for 48 hrs. It is the sport that you can go on the ice with your drink and continue drinking through out the whole game. If someone falls you get to laugh at them (it in the rules lol) but you have to remember when you fall you get to be laughed at.

Those rocks you talk about squint are dam heavy and to be able to put it onto a dot at the end of the ice takes skill (remember you have been drinking). You have to learn how to read the ice so that you know how hard to throw the rock and to sweep in front of it. You have someone yelling at you as you are trying to sweep, your trying not to fall down because you have a slipper on foot (if you dont know how to balance with this piece of equipment you will become the entertainment)and you need to be able to get to your drink.

You would think you would be cold when you curl but nope with all the drinking, sweeping, thowing and yelling it is actually warm in the rink. Well there you go curling is a great game to play.

GO CANUCKS GO