LA RESCUE vs. DYNAMED

This is just a quick question. Has anyone used the LA Rescue First Responder Attack Pack or the Dynamed Mega-Medic bag?

I need a new BLS bag, but can't choose between the two. I already have a bag that I have used for years, but its time to replace it.

If anyone has any information on how good either of these bags are, or how bad they are let me know.

To help people before an ambulance arrives? It all depends on the person, and where they are... But I'd go with the Mini-Medic Bag from DynaMed... or from anyone. A small bag. You'll prolly pay more for the Galls label. I'm sure you could get a cheap one on eBay. Everything I have, is in plastic. Boxes. Easy to clean.

I have a Galls mega medic bag that was given to me, I don't use it in the "field" but use it to store training gear. It's huge and seems well made. the dividers are a little bulky but very rigid, and it has a waterproof bottom. To give you an idea of size, you can put 3 x 1000ml iv bags & giving sets , plus a selection of cannulas etc in one of the side pockets.

I also have copy mega medic bag, that I got off a dealer on ebay (also free, as my order was late). there is a marked difference in quality, the Galls one is much better quality but probably 3 times the price.

I keep a Galls Mini Medic Bag in my car for use as a first aid kit. Even though it's small I can fit plenty of supplies in it and it doesn't take up much space. Also got that bag for free too !!

Edited by irlemt

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.