...I got bronchitis!

Bieber

Must be a really low dose of Prednisone. How do you find that working with the EMS routine? I was prescribed Pred. for uber severe seasonal allergies. I took it for two days, then went back on call. The dose was 3 pills, four times a day. I found that it was NOT compatible with EMS. First dose was fine, till about an hour later; we had a call. It involved some pretty heavy lifting, moving around rapidly. Apparently this changed me from a puffy pink, to a corpse-white color w/ profuse sweating, which passed fairly quick and then I was fine. However when I took the noon dose, I rested, felt fine and went about cleaning. Lifted an on board cylinder up in, and again, pale, sweating, dizzy, nausea, near-syncope. Took a couple days. Every morning, same thing, any exertion after taking the Prednisone, and I had profound hypotension. Weened myself off and went with OTC Zyrtec, works perfectly fine.

I'll let you know tomorrow. I haven't worked since I've been on the meds, but I'll be working a shift tomorrow. Today my dose dropped down to one pill of prednisone a day. Hopefully it won't be an issue, but we'll see. I'm going to be at the same station one of our two medic captains stays at, so if there's any major issues he'll be conveniently close by for me to discuss leaving early or whatever accommodations I need. The NP didn't seem to think I'd be unable to work, though.

Only two more days of antibiotics after today, and I'm feeling much better. I stopped taking the prednisone two days early due to it giving me wicked bad muscle cramps, but the doc says that's all right.

On another note, I'm interviewing for a full time position on the 12th. Not sure how many available spots there are or how many other part timers I'll be competing with, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.