Rumours Of My Demise

Dustdevil

Wow man... now I'm choking up too. I'm honoured to be held in such esteem by any provider. And the satisfaction I enjoy from knowing that another professional has found benefit in my babbling is greater than any other I have enjoyed in my career. I'm very happy to know that you are one of them, and that your career is on-track. Hell, I wish I had known better and taken that same track when I entered the field! It sounds just awesome. I dunno about NZ, but the mid-level provider (NP or PA) is just an awesome way to go here.

My memory is still pretty good, but I honestly don't recall even knowing anything about your personal life before now. And I certainly never believed what the Aussies were saying about you and sheep. Not that there's anything wrong with that! Anyhow, if I indeed got out of line, I'm gonna blame it on the drugs. Or the lack of drugs. Whichever the case may have been. I truly appreciate you being the better man and not holding a grudge. Thank you.

I don't need a home nurse yet, but I am just about to that point. I feel sorry for whoever it is, because I am a much better provider than I am a patient. Of course, I had my own "live-in" RN for a long time, but you all know what happened there (no names, please). Apparently, she wanted a husband, not another patient, lol.

That's crazy that you're marrying a Texan! The world is so small these days. Hell, we may end up related! If you take your honeymoon here, drop by and let me meet the family! We can compare wrist scars.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey you sexy beast <3

I'm glad to see you update, Tyler had to link me here. I've been wondering about you lately. I've missed you.

You're in my thoughts, love. You should call me sometime, because I lost your number :-)

Always nice to hear the point of view of someone who has seen everything, done everything, and maybe even sent a patient into the ER with a bic pen in his throat. Always good to have someone pushing for our profession to be better, rather than following their cookbooks. I'm sorry to hear about your injuries, anything that keeps you from practicing must be truly painful indeed (not speaking in a physical sense).

Glad to have you back, I as always will enjoy reading your posts

I wonder if Scotty has a cat named Tango :D (inside Kiwi ambo joke, albeit a lame one)

Scotty is a good bloke, taught me a thing or two back in the day when I was wet behind the ears and fumbled with the oxygen and going "hmmmm is this a bifasicular block or not ... oops no thats sinus rhythm my bad" and for him to say that you mean that much to him is saying something. He is really a shallow souless prick :P

I one day hope to have enough experience and clout to turn into a doubting old bastard like you Rob :thumbsup:

Kiwi

Current Paraalmost

Future Intensive Care Paramedic and/or HEMS Flight Nurse

• 7 months later...

I dunno, but Squint linked it around to the obit thread as he resurrected it...

Was nice to read his comeback post, tbh.

Wendy

CO EMT-B

I dunno, but Squint linked it around to the obit thread as he resurrected it...

Was nice to read his comeback post, tbh.

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Yes Wendy, the question was asked on BEBs announcement concerning Robs Death by Anatomychick .. I just thought it would be a nice idea to reflect on Robs last thread, his tenor and his reflections.

tcripp: The play on words by Rob were and to quote Mark Twain, "The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated" Rob loved doing a half twist and quarter turn with English and his love of "foreshadowing", most tearfully this is now not rumour, he was in his own way trying to prepare emotionally.

In my post to Rob, as I was privy to the severity of his illness and my post took bloody hours to compose as I just wanted to see that smile on his face again.

Dust responded in his typical way with humour the best of all medicine. I had sent him a Portex mini trach, hence his comment about the Nu Trach, a narcotics pelican box (apparently it was exactly the right fit for the preloads he carried he was tickled with it ) and a Vortan VAR Pressure Control ventilator the DVD of Trailer Park Boys which went over extremely well with the Marines that he cared for in his clinic.

HammerPCP (where the heck did she go :wub: ?) well lets put it this way .. Dust could be quite the ladies man and he continually teased me that he "visited" with her ! LOL.

Oh, I did NOT sent the Conkie "finger puppet" that came with the DVD .. its on my personal collection of Crests on my wall.

RIP Rob you never had to apologize to anyone for anything, in fact I believe a lot of us owe you to put us back on the tracks !

cheers

edited for a spelling error AGAIN !

Edited by tniuqs
  • Like 2