Rumours Of My Demise

Dustdevil

Of course you pissed alot of us off Dust, but you obviously saw something in us that inspired you to push us, either to think, or out the door.

A topic came up the other day that I remember arguing with you, AK and a handful of others about the necessity of a degree in this profession. I remember pushing against getting one, and now look....[mock sarcasm]I hope you're proud of yourself![/mock sarcasm]. Really, you should be proud along with the others that kicked my ass into college.

There are many of us that owe you so much for that 'boot in the ass' (or upside the head) to get us to plug our brains in and start really pushing to make a difference.

I look for more posts from you!

LS

I dont ever remember you really pissing me off but I do remember you making me think about things, even as a basic. Being pushed to think about things, made me realize just how limited I was, as a basic in this profession. I am loving being a medic and my favorite calls are unresponsive diabetics. I like being able to see, right now, that what I do does make a difference. I dont wish bad on diabetics at all but they are my favorite.

We have new protocols and procedures coming June 1 and I will probably pick your brain lol pericardial centesis and facilitated intubation and everything that comes with them is making me more than a little stressed and apprehensive. I look forward to chatting about calls and all this new stuff. I havent ever stopped learning but the new protocols make me feel like a new medic student again.

Hugs

Nymphette

Well did they kick you out of the Texas site so you decided to come back and cause trouble here? :whistle:

Glad your back you old bag of dust. Most of the time I enjoyed arguing with you even if on occasion I might and I emphasize might have been wrong. :fish:

Sorry to hear life still been rough but maybe your old buddy ruff can help brighten your day. The old goat herder ( AK ) still rears his ugly head in here at times. The guy you mentored, Dwayne, still needs some more lessons in how to be a rude jerk w/o resorting to personal attacks but he is getting better at it. Your friend crotchity needs someone to help fight the good fight that minorities are mistreated. And well you see where I am going, basically we all missed having a trouble maker like you around here.

Welcome back mi amigo.

God Damn it! I've spent the last few years convincing like...three our four people here that I have some decent opinions and now you have to come and stick your fat head in again?? Let me talk to your nurse privately for a second, would you....?

As most here, I have very few, if any, opinions that haven't been shaped by you in some way, and that's pretty amazing considering I wasn't a child when I started..

I know you're life isn't easy now, and I also know that you've made your peace, but apologizing for pissing people off? That is just pitiful..though I'm confident that we've not pissed each other off any...

Good to have you back Brother...This will be good for you! You're going to find that there are some tough, wicked smart, determined new providers here that will challenge you...I'm guessing that you'll manage ok. Plus, some folks you knew before will surprise you with their new cert levels...

I think that you'll soon see that not only have we missed you here, but that you're still needed here as well.

Dwayne

Edited by DwayneEMTP
  • Like 1

I am glad to see you back.

My son still flies the Iraqi flag in his room that you gave him. He says my medic buddy dust gave it to him.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Dust there is so much to say but right this minute I don't have time to type it all out. Between my two majors I have very little to actually peruse the forums like I used to. The one thing I do want to say is thank you for everything. I will post more after this evening because tonight my college is closing the national collegiate premier of The Phantom of the Opera. I love ya man ("not in the homo way, not that there is anything wrong with that") and take care.

Hey Rob!

Glad to see your ass is still around. I tried to call you a couple of times, I think you may have changed your number since we went to that godforsaken place called Dayton.

I'll be looking forward to your continued posts bro'! Dwayne is trying his best to fill your shoes in the "pissin' folks off" with making them think, but some of us that have been here for awhile know he means well (meant with only admiration Dwayne!).

Jim