Rumours Of My Demise

Dustdevil

I took a long hiatus as well Rob. I am very happy to hear that you are alive. I had no idea that anything had happened to you and I am distressed by that. We dont expect anyone we "know" to be injured. I guess I've been away longer than I thought. Gosh now that I really think about it, it's been 3 years. I was in medic school and I am recerting now. Wow!

I am off to sleep now. Hope to see you lots :)

Love and Light,

Nymphette ( couldnt resist)

Rob,

It sure is good to see you around here again!

I'm sure I speak for a great many people when I say that your presence around here has been sorely missed.

I (we) wish you well, comfort and best wishes.

I start my Medic class on Monday, and I've gotten all of my 'core classes' finished. I couldn't just sit on my haunches after the wreck, so I worked my ass off to get the majority of the classes for my degree out of the way; so I can focus only on Medic School. I may have to retake A&P II, (and hopefully will have a different instructor then), but shyte happens from time to time.

I hope that you'll pop in more often, and are able to whip some of these noobs (at least noobs to you) into shape, like you did to the vast majority of us 'old timers'!

Keep in touch, friend!

LS

We missed you too. I am sad to hear of your condition but it also bring a smile to my face that you are alive. There have been many times where you have pissed me off and I am sure I pissed you off just the same. But that's just how this profession goes. A grain of sand.. or how ever that quote goes. Or was is salt? F if I know, too lazy to look it up. Anyway, it would be nice to see you around here more often since this place is mostly slow and boring anymore. It would be a nice turn of events to read educated posts that are relevant to the profession.

Take care,

Aaron

Nymphette ( couldnt resist)

Hehe... I immediately thought of that when I saw your name! Good times! Thanks for remembering! :D

I'm so sorry that I wasn't around to see you graduate and get started. That is one of the greatest pleasures I have had with this community, seeing you guys spread your wings and leave the nest. I am so proud of you and so many others.

I start my Medic class on Monday, and I've gotten all of my 'core classes' finished. I couldn't just sit on my haunches after the wreck, so I worked my ass off to get the majority of the classes for my degree out of the way; so I can focus only on Medic School.

I admire your patience and commitment through all the hard luck, Bro. You're definitely going to be a better medic for it, and I am looking forward to following you along the way, so keep me up to date with how it's going!

Of all the things I really miss, the practice of medicine is certainly one of the hardest to cope with. God, how I miss the intellectual challenge of following those clues to a diagnosis, and sending my patients out the door with a script and some peace of mind. It all sounds so simple, and becomes so routine after three decades, but man... I really miss that routine. Every now and then I get lucky, and a friend or family member has an illness or injury that I can diagnose and offer advice on. I was so excited when I got to diagnose my Mother's Shingles, lol. Then she developed a concussion the night after a fall. ER doc told her she was the first patient he ever had actually come in asking for a CAT scan, lol. Step-dad got Cat Bite Fever. I sent him to the doc-in-the-box, and again, the doc was amused that a lay patient already knew his diagnosis and which antibiotic to get.

What I am saying is that getting to exercise my brain like that is still -- and has always been -- just the most satisfying thing about EMS. Spread that word to the n00bs. And may you all enjoy many more years of that satisfaction.

Super stoked to see you back man!!

You have indeed pissed me off a time or two, but you have also challenged me both intellectualy and morally which had a big hand in making me the professional I am today.

I can understand your longing for diagnosis and treatment, and expect you will be posting in the scenario forum so we can get your perspective and expertise in reviewing our real life calls.

I for one do not have many Paramedics with any amount of experience to "bounce calls" off of, so I am looking forward to what you offer again.

First up, welcome back!

Second, as I am uninformed as to what happened, when you are ready and up to it, tell us what happened.

Third and final for this posting, feel better soon!

Welcome back, old friend.

Been thinking about you lately, wondering where you were and how things were going. Glad to see you posting again!

Of course you pissed me off. More times than I could count. But it was good for me!

Hope you stick around for a while... **HUGS**

Wendy

CO EMT-B