Presidential Election 2008

emt3225

Who would you vote for in the 2008 election as our next president  

38 members have voted

1. 1.

• Hillary Clinton
    • Jeb Bush

No, it is about looking cool. Give you some sunglasses, .40 cals and tac vests and you'll be happy. Guns are not what EMS is about. Firearms training is not what EMS is about. Wolves and sheep, huh? So... if we don't all have guns... then we'll get eaten by... wolves... I guess you're saying? What is this, Jamestown, circa 1659? :lol: So, you're saying EMS's role should be to come in and "secure the situation" when law enforcement is unable to do so? You know what we call that? THE SWAT TEAM!!! Not EMS! Jeez! Look, here's 5 GI Joe Action points, go get yourself something nice, put the gun down, slowly, and let us silly guys work on cardiology and pediatrics, ok? You really don't sound happy in your current job. I'm sure Tampa Bay is look for some law enforcement officers. Go sign up, or heck, I think the NYPD is still accepting applications for the October 2005 exam. Go! Do it! Then you can have all the firearm training and hand to hand kung fu you can get. Leave EMS to those who want to practice emergency medicine in the field setting.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did this thread go from discussing 2008 Elections b/t Hillary Clinton and Jeb Bush, which BTW isnt even an election year yet, to discussing EMS using firearms??? Seems as this thread has derailed, time to put it back on track so I will reiterate the opening questions again....

Who would you decide in the 2008 elections if there were a run-off between Hillary and Jeb, and please state your reason why, being respectful of course.

• 1 month later...

Please Forgive me if I seem to be derailing this forum again but I will try to rebut some of the political statements as well as stay on subject.

Definitely Jeb for Pres. if for no other reason than to keep the ATF and FBI out of my Church as well as my house because I own firearms and will not be disarmed!!!!

As for all of you Bush Beater's as far as the WTC attack he was not responsible and we as a profession suffered through the loss of several of our brethren, I myself wanted payback because of it unfortunately it has become a war. I don't believe that war is fought with water pistols so therefore people will die. Those who joined the military forces knew that it was a possibility and I'm sorry for the families of those who have died but let me spread something that I had emailed to me.

THE FINAL

INSPECTION

The soldier stood and faced God,

Which must always come to pass.

He hoped his shoes were shining,

Just as brightly as his brass.

"Step forward now, you soldier,

How shall I deal with you?

Have you always turned the other cheek?

To My Church have you been true?"

The soldier squared his shoulders and said,

"No, Lord, I guess I ain't.

Because those of us who carry guns,

Can't always be a saint.

I've had to work most Sundays,

And at times my talk was tough.

And sometimes I've been violent,

Because the world is awfully rough.

But, I never took a penny,

That wasn't mine to keep...

Though I worked a lot of overtime,

When the bills got just too steep.

And I never passed a cry for help,

Though at times I shook with fear.

And sometimes, God, forgive me,

I've wept unmanly tears.

I know I don't deserve a place,

Among the people here.

They never wanted me around,

Except to calm their fears.

If you've a place for me here, Lord,

It needn't be so grand.

I never expected or had too much,

But if you don't, I'll understand.

There was a silence all around the throne,

Where the saints had often trod.

As the soldier waited quietly,

For the judgment of his God.

"Step forward now, you soldier,

You've borne your burdens well.

Walk peacefully on Heaven's streets,

You've done your time in Hell."

~Author Unknown~

As for the whole discussion about allowing people to die in a disaster area I live at the end of Rita's Path, we had our hands held out for those who suffered from Katrina and housed, fed and comforted them we were also an evacuation area for those who were in Rita's path. In the past we have evacuated people every time they were in danger of a major hurricane Texas has had evacuation plans for years. So those poor people in New Orleans who chose to stay at the hurricane party in harms way then scream help me sorry. Those who could not leave on their own should definitely climb the butt of the local and state officials who were responsible.

Let me conclude by saying if you are that adamant at hating our commander and chief why don't you send him the $5000 in tax credit that you have received since he has been in office; because I'm sure you wouldn't want to accept money from someone you hate.

Yeah, coop, isn't nice that you can hijack the "glory" of soldiers dying to protect this country and divert towards yourself, the sole connection you have with their sacrifice and bravery being that YOU OWN A GUN? I mean, heck, than you can put your guns on, and read the patriotically stirring poems and think "Boy, I'm just like them, because I own a GUN," and with the same breath, you get to use veiled threats against the same government agencies that these men died to protect. Let me let you in on a little secret... The government doesn't care about your church. In fact, no one really cares about your church, or your home for that matter. The thing that really pisses me off about right wing fanatics like yourself is that if you were Arabic, and spouting the same NONSENSE, calling for people to SHOOT ATF AGENTS, you would have some nice agents named Johnson and Brown knocking on your trailer to ask you a few questions.

Only 1199 days left of GW!

BTW coop, Iraq didn't run airplanes into the Towers, Al-Quieda did. If Dubya concentrated as much effort into finding Bin Laden as he did in Iraq, we would have him by now.

Well, since Mr. Coop got to post his own little poem about war, I think I should get to post mine. This is the last stanza of the poem "Dulce et decorum est", by Wilfred Owen. This stanza relates to a soldier watching his friend die of gas poisoning in World War I, told to the glory hounds and hawks he encountered on return from the front:

If in some smothering dreams you too could pace

Behind the wagon that we flung him in,

And watch the white eyes writhing in his face,

His hanging face, like a devil's sick of sin;

If you could hear, at every jolt, the blood

Come gargling from the froth-corrupted lungs,

Obscene as cancer, bitter as the cud

Of vile, incurable sores on innocent tongues,--

My friend, you would not tell with such high zest

To children ardent for some desperate glory,

The old Lie: Dulce et decorum est

Pro patria mori.

War is bad. Politicians who make war are worse. God bless anyone who picks up a gun and puts his life on the line to protect his country. Coop, we'll do fine without you keeping us safe from the bad ol' gummint thugs with their jackboots wanting to come into our churches. And as for that $5000 tax credit, I guess I must have missed my check in the mail. "I will not be disarmed." Yeah, right, I'm sure law enforcement has never seen the likes of you before. :roll: