Is this considered backwards racism

Just Plain Ruff

Where's Helen Keller when we need her most.

Well, since it's now documented that the blind are being discriminated against, do they get their million dollars too?

I am not aware of any question I have not answered, but feel free to send them to me, and I will answer. To your current question of how do we fix it:

1. African Americans should have a free scholarship to the college of their choice for the next 200 years.

2. African Americans should not be required to pay taxes on any income for 200 years.

3. African Americans should receive 0 interest loans for cars, homes, and lifestyle purchases for 200 years.

4. Every African American should receive $1,000,0000.00 in reparations.

5. Every employer must have a work force and management force that has a minimum of 25% african americans.

I can live with that.

Oh Ya... That will work! Just look how well it has worked out here in Canada on the native reserves!

/Sarcasm

*A species cannot live without adversity, the stronger the adversity the stronger the species.

(personal belief)

I'm a little late to this mess, but can I just ask....what exactly does Crotchity do for a living? From his previous comments, I'm assuming he's a paramedic. So, if he can get through all of the schooling, the NREMT-P exam, and get through the hiring process and get a job, why can't other black people do the same? What makes him so different from the other blacks in this country? I don't mean to come off callous or rude, but seriously...I really think the majority of the problem is lack of ambition. Crotchity decided he wanted to do something, and he found a way to do it, so why can't everyone else? It doesn't matter where you come from, it only matters where you see yourself going. I have been brought up to belive that YOU determine where you are going in life. I have many friends that came from nothing. They lived in the poorest of neighborhoods, had nothing, worked in whatever jobs they could get at such a young age, and yet they still managed to make something of themselves because they believed that they could. Many went off to medical school or joined the military. And while the thought of "you determine your future" may be a little naive, I still believe that it holds some truth.

Crotchity, you made something of yourself, so why can't others who are decendents of blacks who were mistreated make something of themselves? I feel like you are crying that life isn't fair for a particular race and yet you have not once include yourself. You said earlier that you are the only african american speaking up here, yet you have not included yourself in the "damaged by the past" group you keep clumping all blacks into. You also spoke earlier of compensation for the past...well what about those who did make something of themselves? What about those blacks who are considered upper class? They have made something out of themselves and their so-called situations. I am not saying that it is possible for everyone to dig their way out of a hole, but those who are "stuck" in said hole have a lot of other problems...I can pretty much guarentee that them being black (or any other race for that matter that has been discriminated against and mistreated in the past) is not the problem, and is the least of their worries.

As an 'untainted Irish descendant', I was considering suing the local bar for making it look like all of the Irish-Americans are alcoholics. :rolleyes2::beer: That's a good idea, eh? I'll drink to it.

Careful, 2c4, you won't just be offending Irish Americans, but anyone who has heritage from Ireland.

I also note that anywhere a group becomes the newest immigrants, or, during wartime, a conquered people, as a show of power, real or imagined, they are going to be subject to put downs. Regrettably, it seems to be human nature. I also note, per some association with language studies (self guided), that whatever a group calls itself, it usually translates to "The People", or "Our People". Already, the group is attempting exclusion of those from other areas, languages, skin coloration, religions, what have you.

I'm a little late to this mess, but can I just ask....what exactly does Crotchity do for a living? From his previous comments, I'm assuming he's a paramedic. So, if he can get through all of the schooling, the NREMT-P exam, and get through the hiring process and get a job, why can't other black people do the same? What makes him so different from the other blacks in this country? I don't mean to come off callous or rude, but seriously...I really think the majority of the problem is lack of ambition. Crotchity decided he wanted to do something, and he found a way to do it, so why can't everyone else? It doesn't matter where you come from, it only matters where you see yourself going. I have been brought up to belive that YOU determine where you are going in life. I have many friends that came from nothing. They lived in the poorest of neighborhoods, had nothing, worked in whatever jobs they could get at such a young age, and yet they still managed to make something of themselves because they believed that they could. Many went off to medical school or joined the military. And while the thought of "you determine your future" may be a little naive, I still believe that it holds some truth.

Crotchity, you made something of yourself, so why can't others who are decendents of blacks who were mistreated make something of themselves? I feel like you are crying that life isn't fair for a particular race and yet you have not once include yourself. You said earlier that you are the only african american speaking up here, yet you have not included yourself in the "damaged by the past" group you keep clumping all blacks into. You also spoke earlier of compensation for the past...well what about those who did make something of themselves? What about those blacks who are considered upper class? They have made something out of themselves and their so-called situations. I am not saying that it is possible for everyone to dig their way out of a hole, but those who are "stuck" in said hole have a lot of other problems...I can pretty much guarentee that them being black (or any other race for that matter that has been discriminated against and mistreated in the past) is not the problem, and is the least of their worries.

This is about paybacks and vengeance. Lowering the bar does not change the past and it does not address why the problems persist in these communities. We hear of institutional racism, and all types of alibis. Fine. So by changing the rules, does this somehow help the black community, or is it simply a pound of flesh?

Crotchity by his own successes and accomplishments has served to be his own Achilles’ heel. By making it through at least high school, he’s proven that the educational barriers he’s complained about are non-existent. He’s also proven that ‘standardized testing’ is also a non-existent ‘barrier’ because he’s overcome them as well.

Unless Crotchity is some sort of ‘child prodigy’, I submit for consideration that the so-called argument of black people who claim to be at a disadvantage to whites and other races is pure, unadulterated bunk. There are far too many ‘success stories' that disprove each of the arguments that have been extended to this point.

By his own successes against a system fraught with barriers and insurmountable obstacles, he’s only proven that the current system of ‘set asides’ and ‘compensations’ are more than adequate. By the number of blacks in professional arenas, they have collectively proven that the current system poses absolutely no challenge.

With that being proven over and over, throughout the United States; the ‘excuses’ proffered by the black community that they cannot succeed in the ‘white world’ is nothing more than an attempt at self-victimization.

Now that the self-victimization has been exposed, the claims for reparations and other entitlements is nothing more than an attempt at financial gains and social advantages through what equates to nothing more than extortion.

Now that a logical argument has been offered against ‘lowering the bar’ any further, it’s time that we start raising the bar and expecting more from society as a whole. With the advances in technology making a wealth of education and information more accessible, there is no reason why we as a society (all races, nationalities and genders included) must continue to produce future generations of idiots.

• Like 1

I'm a little late to this mess, but can I just ask....what exactly does Crotchity do for a living? From his previous comments, I'm assuming he's a paramedic. So, if he can get through all of the schooling, the NREMT-P exam, and get through the hiring process and get a job, why can't other black people do the same? What makes him so different from the other blacks in this country?

You know it just occured to me, Im thinking the bar was lowered for Crotch and that is why he feels that it is ok. :whistle: