Uncomfortable with cultural issues class

Eydawn

I am here, all you have to do is say my name three times like beetlejuice. Good point beiber, you are correct, it is sad that this is such a racist country. Now before you all get mad, let me check the dictionary; racist: The notion that ones own ethnic stock is superior.

Most everyone in this room is racist, but can't admit it. Here is a little self-test that I have mentioned several times, but cant get anyone to fess up to. To see if you are racist, ask this question to yourself: If I am white, have i ever dated or made love to an african american ? If you are african american, have I ever dated or made love to a white person ? If the answer is no, you are a racist. Even if you are non-racist enough to have done the deed, you would never admit it in this forum for fear of how you will be judged ? Which may make you more racist than the person that never has.

Furthermore, every guy in here at some point in his life has done the fattest, ugliest chick (of his own race) because he was hard up and drunk, but never seems drunk enough to cross the jungle-fever line (what does that say) ? Fortunately, the women are a little more decerning, as far as number of partners, but just as racist as thier male counterparts.

And please spare me all the comments about how you are best friends with the one AA person at your workplace. You have never had dinner at his/her house, or invited them to yours (at least 98% of you have not).

Wow, Crotchity, I can think of few tests to gauge how racist someone is that are as horrible as that one. But for the record, my fiancee is ethnically Middle Eastern. And I'm white.

As someone that lives in a distinct culture it can be a difficult situtation at times. I have great difficulty in thinking that role playing would be of any great advantage. If you want to learn cultural you should have a class just with the facts and they should be pertanant to the medical field for ex First Nations have a bruise looking birthmark and in many cases are on the buttocks and mistaken for abuse, if you dont know what the culture is just ask they will tell you.

As for Crotch just because someone dosnt sleep with a different ethnic group they are racist wow I have to admit that is one of the most just plain dumb thing i think iv seen in actual print. EVER

HAHAHAHAHAhahahahaha......

You know crotchity... You are really starting to grow on me!

If I am white, have i ever dated or made love to an african american ? If you are african american, have I ever dated or made love to a white person ? If the answer is no, you are a racist.

As I just posted in another thread, I have been with my wife since we were 13yrs old. To be honest I did not go to school, nor live in a town with any african americans my age so I never even had the oportunity prior to entering a relationship with her.

But I gotta thank you man.... This is just another piece of amunition for me to use in my argument for a minage trois :thumbsup:

BTW; How does this work for us in the rural great white north? Honestly, there may be 1 african american for every 10,000 whites.

Have you ever dated/made love to a first nations? If not does that make you racist against them?

YOU (african american) are assuming we all have "free reign" to date an african american, not aknowleging the fact that african americans are not populated in all states/provinces/regions. What was your definition of racist again?

Furthermore, every guy in here at some point in his life has done the fattest, ugliest chick (of his own race) because he was hard up and drunk, but never seems drunk enough to cross the jungle-fever line (what does that say) ?

As a man who has standards and self respect, I will reply a big HELL NO!

BTW; what does fattest mean?

Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, or should I say Crotchitymedic1986, Crotchitymedic1986, Crotchitymedic1986!

As for dating outside my own "group", I could have dated any woman I pleased, white, black, hispanic, oriental, or what have you. I just didn't please any of them!

Aside from that old joke, I did date a Navajo "Native American" girl, even asked her to marry me, only to get the dreaded "Let's just be friends" speech. I will point out that, as she was adopted by a white, Jewish family, she didn't know she was Navajo until she was about 43 years old, and we had dated while we were teenagers into our early 20s (Complicated story. Best read her autobiography, "Looking for Lost Bird", by Yvette Melanson. I am not mentioned in the book, but then, she barely mentions her first husband in the book, either).

More directly to the subject, does anyone recall the "Drew Carey Show" episode, where racial and sex discrimination was discussed? They had to "act out" similar scenarios, and it was also the last episode where the Scotsman "boss" was seen. (The Scotsman actor now has a late night TV show following David Letterman, on CBS)

Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, or should I say Crotchitymedic1986, Crotchitymedic1986, Crotchitymedic1986!

As for dating outside my own "group", I could have dated any woman I pleased, white, black, hispanic, oriental, or what have you. I just didn't please any of them!

You must have been better looking in your younger days, Richard! :D

Wendy, did you bring this up with any of your instructors or students? I know I ask you this every time, but I am just curious.

First of all this was the topic of the TV show the OFFICE, the night before Wendy posted this, so probably made up. But there is no greater test than who you choose to date, as to whether or not you are a racist (remember racist means that you think your race is superior, not that you burn crosses in peoples yards). You can say you are a vegetarian all day long, but when I see you eat a steak taco, i know it isnt true. And last time I checked, we do have black people up north, but I will issue a "pass" for those who live in Alaska and the Dakotas (although I have seen black people in Canada). Its a simple question, whoever you are dating now, keep it all the same except that you have not met him/her and he/she is black (if you are white, or vice versa), would you date him/her ? You havent yet, so my guess is in your heart you are saying NO, although to be politically correct, you will say YES in here.

Whats really a shame is most white chicks will date a mexican or asian, but cant bring themselves to go black.

Edited by crotchitymedic1986
  • Like 1

So a test to define racism means you need to shag someone of a different ethnic, cultural, or religious group? Really?

That's your measuring stick?

LMAO

Thanks, crochity- you never fail to amuse- or amaze.

Jesse Jackson would be proud of you. He's also fond of making outrageous, inflammatory, and ridiculous statements.

So I'll buy that everyone has some level of bias towards their own race. But I dont think the "who are you sleeping with" game is necessarily valid. I'm white. I'm married to a white woman, and we've made a couple of little Arryan children :). However, prior to this I've dated African Americans and very nearly married a Hispanic girl. My family knew about everyone of them. My wife has dated African Americans prior to marrying me. So by one part of the measure, I'm a racist (married my own race), by another I'm not, as I've "had relations" with multiple other races (granted not at the same time...I would have tried if I had ever had the opportunity though :D).

I'll admit, on some basilar level I'm a racist. I think it's somewhat inborn, "birds of a feather flock together". It's also conditioned somewhat by society, especially in the area i live in where there tends to be some level of practical segregation simply based on demographics, whites live in one area, blacks another and hispanics a third. To me the important thing to understand is that you and everyone around you has some level of bias. If you accept that, you can examine objectively how it affects you decision making and correct areas where issues arise.

I don't think society will ever be truly "colorblind". The best we can hope for is to have people examine their decision making and understand how bias affects it.

Edited by usalsfyre

Whats really a shame is most white chicks will date a mexican or asian.....

You can use the term caucasian, just as I am using the term african american. Please do not distinguish my race by the colour of our skin.

I just got one question for ya: Have you ever had gay sex with a man, or are you a homophobe? Hey, this is your logic!

Your logic does not work here, homosexuality is a mental disease, I am not mentally ill, so I would not sleep with a homosexual. I have no problem hanging out with homosexuals in a social or workplace setting, so I do not think I qualify as a homophobe. But back to the original point, I still hear the crickets chirping, where are all those non racist who date everyone ?