You Know You are Having a Bad Day In EMS When............

I once revered our brand new Mercedes Sprinter into a tree in front of 200 professional drivers while they were having driver briefing at a high performance challenge race standby… No damage to the vehicle, merely my pride and plenty of offers for driving lessons throughout the day…

hehehe, I laugh, but I did that in our Holden Commodore Ambulance... damaged the rear step. After much laughter from bystanders (I had to take photos of the damage to the tree and vehicle for the incident report. They thought that bit was a riot...) and getting a revving off the rest of the team, we installed a reversing camera. Best $400 spent, fixing those damn modules can be quite expensive. Bins usually get hit when I am reversing lol.

But to this day, I swear that tree jumped out behind me :).

I have the same fear at Eastern Creek sometimes (reversing into the medical centre) ...

your running your 29th 9-1-1 call in 31 hours of your 36 hr shift with close to 550 miles on the odometer since shift change and you get notified en route by FD its a v-fib arrest to a 350 lb pt. on the third floor an apartment complex with no elevator.

Just happened to me Sat. Does anyone know who to please the EMS God to take my black cloud away?? Seriously 5 yrs of black clouds is enough.

Does anyone know who to please the EMS God to take my black cloud away?? Seriously 5 yrs of black clouds is enough.

Face it, black cloud days are a part of EMS, with my belief that the LEOs and Fire Fighters have their days like that, too. I used to have a captain in the NYC HHC EMS EMD, who seemed to always have at least one major Multi-Casualty Incident per tour occur, sometimes more than one, sometimes several at the same time. Someone bought him a name tag saying "Captain Blackcloud (set me back about $4 and change).

LOL, my nickname at work is "Action Jackson" bc of the same thing....... if it's gonna go down on my shift, its my call. It's not actually all that bad though. It keeps me on my toes. I say bring it!

You know you're having a bad day

...when your backboarded patient looks at you and says "uuuhhh I don't feel so good!"

...when your company tries to order you in for a shift while you are already working.

...when you open up the back doors and realize your stretcher ISNT THERE. Gulp.

...when you are sent to a 10 story building with no elevator for the chest pain and the fire department waves at you from the top window as you roll up.

...when the nursing home nurse follows up her report with "...oh, and uh, he's pretty big" as you walk down the hall towards the room.

...when you think it's safe to order up a hot lunch...

:icecream:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.