Attn: Webmaster

Richard B the EMT

Webmaster:

I am experiencing problems with the City's updating. A problem I thought had been cleared up has come back, specifically, I check for any and all postings from when last I was on line visiting, but after responding to one posting, or even just pulling one up, all postings disappear. I click on the internal View New Posts/Content link, and it always seems to give back "no new postings", even if I had just responded to 12 strings from the e-mail notifications of new or updated postings.

Please check and advise. Thanks in advance, as always.

Richard B, the EMT.

This happes to me to. I think that the website when it refreshes it thinks that you've seen the topic headlines once and it considers them as no longer new to you.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Perhaps the system can be adjusted, so that it won't remove anything until at least 6 hours after a member logs in, on any given day? That degree of programming is above my pay grade, anyway.

I frequent a fire apparatus forum that has this same exact format, and their website does the same thing. You have to go back to the main, opening page, to make it load correctly. Sometimes, I'll click on new posts, and it takes me to a list of new members. Odd. Damn technology.

Odd. Damn technology.

Look at it this way: If Tom Edison had not invented the lightbulb, our night time postings via computer to the internet, would be created by candle light.

Actually, the problem seems to have been corrected.

Edited by Richard B the EMT

I know they are working on another update that will hopefully make it easier to find new content.

There are issues with the current system.

Admin: How long does it take a sponsorship to process? I paid on the 5th but am still seeing ads. Thanks.

Look at it this way: If Tom Edison had not invented the lightbulb, our night time postings via computer to the internet, would be created by candle light.

Actually, the problem seems to have been corrected.

some one else surly would have invented it sooner or later :)

some one else surly would have invented it sooner or later :)

Why do they have to be surly? Couldn't they be nice? Shirly there must be another way.

(Leaving it open for the obvious retort comment)