Combat Medics, Military and Contracted.

Great post Wendy:

+ 1

Another young member of the profession on the way to the top. :thumbsup:

I'm really glad to see there are a few youngsters pushing the envelope to be the best.

Someone will have to take care of us senior citizens in the near future.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you all for your input. Please excuse the thread necromancy, I've been busy with an NCO School that I was organizing and just got home a few hours ago. But I didn't want you all to think I threw my hissy fit and ran.

I read everyones input very carefully and I've learned from it. I really appreciate you all taking time from your schedules to share your thoughts and experience.

As far as the tongue-in-cheek comments about me being a CAPSAR nazi and false experience...once again, thank you for being so honest, but frankly I'd say you had some bad experiences with cadets. Please understand every unit, group, and Wing work on different levels with different focuses and expectations. I take the time to say this for the sake of the Civil Air Patrol, not myself. When I run an event on a JMTC and have Range Control NCOs, Admin Personnel, and OCS instructors tell me that our team operates on an exemplary level, that says to that me we're not having false experience. We absolutely do work with the military in my Wing, not just ogle them from the side lines. We'll be doing a joint training operation with the National Guard soon. That being said, I'm done with any banter. Even if you have a distaste for my nature or the things I've said, please don't judge this outstanding organization based on the small bits of information I've given or that you've heard. I apologize for any cheeky comments.

Finish Highschool, Look at the 25 meter target, mature first, et cetera.
I graduated recently and got my CNA License in preparation for a career as an RN, should I go that route.

My guess would be that the original poster has gone elsewhere to find somebody that will blow smoke up his derriere & tell him what he wants to hear.
Explained above. I didn't want to take five minutes to reply and have my response be sloppy or poorly thought out.

Back on topic; I'm currently in contact with a Master Combat Arms instructor I met last year that's had experience as an Army Medic and a Corpsman (yes, all of these. I was a little scared when he went through his background with me). He and I are going to work together to figure out what's best for me in the near future. He and I have worked together long enough that he understands what I'm about, and my background. So thank you for your comments, but I'm going to go ahead and step out. This isn't the environment I'm looking for in a forum.

-Rastus

EDIT: Missing content, formatting error.

Edited by Rastus
  • Like 1

I graduated recently and got my CNA License in preparation for a career as an RN, should I go that route.

Get the pre-requisites done for nursing school at university. Get accepted to a School of Nursing, then you can become a military on graduation with a commission.

See here for starters

Online, accelerated, transition, or ADN programs are not going to cut the mustard though. You need to find a good accredited University and attend a BSN program.

It is a good career and, at your age, you can retire from the military into a very nice civilian job.

Thank you all for your input. Please excuse the thread necromancy, I've been busy with an NCO School that I was organizing and just got home a few hours ago. But I didn't want you all to think I threw my hissy fit and ran.

I read everyones input very carefully and I've learned from it. I really appreciate you all taking time from your schedules to share your thoughts and experience.

As far as the tongue-in-cheek comments about me being a CAPSAR nazi and false experience...once again, thank you for being so honest, but frankly I'd say you had some bad experiences with cadets. Please understand every unit, group, and Wing work on different levels with different focuses and expectations. I take the time to say this for the sake of the Civil Air Patrol, not myself. When I run an event on a JMTC and have Range Control NCOs, Admin Personnel, and OCS instructors tell me that our team operates on an exemplary level, that says to that me we're not having false experience. We absolutely do work with the military in my Wing, not just ogle them from the side lines. We'll be doing a joint training operation with the National Guard soon. That being said, I'm done with any banter. Even if you have a distaste for my nature or the things I've said, please don't judge this outstanding organization based on the small bits of information I've given or that you've heard. I apologize for any cheeky comments.

Explained above. I didn't want to take five minutes to reply and have my response be sloppy or poorly thought out.

Back on topic; I'm currently in contact with a Master Combat Arms instructor I met last year that's had experience as an Army Medic and a Corpsman (yes, all of these. I was a little scared when he went through his background with me). He and I are going to work together to figure out what's best for me in the near future. He and I have worked together long enough that he understands what I'm about, and my background. So thank you for your comments, but I'm going to go ahead and step out. This isn't the environment I'm looking for in a forum.

-Rastus

EDIT: Missing content, formatting error.

Man, I missed this thread somehow...I'm sorry that I did.

I am sorry to see you go. Some of the most mature and focused posts we've seen here in a while have come from you. Also some royal bullshit. But you know what man? Sometimes we all step on our dicks. I wish you luck with whatever path you choose, but trust this ol' medic on this..though I'm not happy with much of the direction or presentation in this thread, you will come to learn that you were given some good advice here. And you will come to see that your attitude brought about some of the beating you received. But hopefully all here will also see that you had much to offer...and we'll miss that here now.

As in many things, sometimes the joy of proving that you're smarter, and better than another over rules the more important need to prove that you're also kinder and more productive. You should have been guided instead of ridiculed when the opportunity arose...and believe it or not, that is how it most often works here.

Good luck brother...

Dwayne

Edited to fix a formatting error

Edited by DwayneEMTP

Sometimes we all step on our dicks.

Dwayne, are you really that well endowed that you step on your dick? YOu seem to do that a lot!!!! ROFL

Maybe a penis holster would work for you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.