Do You Have A Duty To Report ?

Your not even making sense now. Comparing teenage sex with elder abuse? Intent means something here...

That is what he does.

He wants a preticular answer, and if you don't give it, he will just keep changing the story till you agree so he can convince himself he was right all along. You'll just have to excuse Crotchity, he clearly has self-esteem issues, but he has been here long enough to prove he is not going away.

Do yourself a favor and don't get wrapped up in petty arguments like this.... you cannot win.

On the other note: I started dating my wife when I was 15, she was 14. We were sexually active by the age of 15.

Should I have went to jail for starting my relationship with my wife so young?

Oh ya.... simple math.... for a few months I was 18, and she was underage. Thankfully we abstained from sex during that time :shiftyninja: , or I could have been arrested for having a sex life with my wife.

Seems different when the relationship sticks don't you think?

• Like 1

... but if an elderly patient gets slapped in a nursing home and recieves a bruise that will heal in 2 days, we must involve goverment agencies ? ... Is it ever a crime ?

By NY State standards, protocols, and Law, it is a crime: Assault. The offence gets reported, as, how many other patients/NH Residents have been assaulted by the same person? Depending on how you relate with your own family, would you like your parents, or grandparents, slapped around, or possibly beaten to the point of death?

OK, so a child has a baby or gets an STD at age 15, and thats no big deal, although it really changes her life forever, but if an elderly patient gets slapped in a nursing home and recieves a bruise that will heal in 2 days, we must involve goverment agencies ? Just because you did it too does not make it right, and I imagine if you were the parent of a teenager you might have a different opinion ? Am I wrong ? Let me ask this, since we all had sex with minors when we were minors, and we do not think that crime should be reported, what is the age where it becomes reportable ? Does the dude have to be 23, 25, 30, 40, or 50 before it becomes a crime ? Is it ever a crime ?

Yeah man, I try my best to get on board with you no matter how fucked up your posts get...I love that fact that you're opposed to EVERYTHING resembling conservative logic.

So, on scene, I say, "Oh my God Crotchity! I think you're right! A horrible injustice has been committed here!" and dial the police department. I hand you the phone and you say..."..?.." What?

Maybe, "Excuse me, my name is paramedic crotchity and we've got two children here that appear to have engaged in sexual activity and offended my sensibilities! Please get someone out here ASAP!" Yeah? (We're going to need an APB on this young woman's virginity!!)

The next call that you get will be from my lawyer for violating my daughters right to privacy. And fyre has a great point...besides being humiliated here and at the hospital you've now made this chicks sexual fling public record (I think ?) should she be arrested for this, as well as labeled her a sex offender. Nice. And they've not even started to mug the boy yet.

Great job...two kids decided to explore their sexuality and got confused. Unfortunately while they were still reeling a paramedic came along behind and raped them both. Now we've got at least two kids, any kids they talk to, any that read the papers or hear about the trials that know better than to call EMS when they are scared, confuse and/or in trouble. I give this performance a 0/10. Sometimes, even when you're a liberal, there are times that tattling to the government will still not make things right again...

The difference between this and a slapped old person? The ability to walk away...

Dwayne

That is what he does.

He wants a preticular answer, and if you don't give it, he will just keep changing the story till you agree so he can convince himself he was right all along. You'll just have to excuse Crotchity, he clearly has self-esteem issues, but he has been here long enough to prove he is not going away.

Do yourself a favor and don't get wrapped up in petty arguments like this.... you cannot win.

On the other note: I started dating my wife when I was 15, she was 14. We were sexually active by the age of 15.

Should I have went to jail for starting my relationship with my wife so young?

Oh ya.... simple math.... for a few months I was 18, and she was underage. Thankfully we abstained from sex during that time :shiftyninja: , or I could have been arrested for having a sex life with my wife.

Seems different when the relationship sticks don't you think?

It breaks my heart to learn that your wife is one of "those"....as everyone knows that good, quality people don't have sex until after marriage, and then only to produce children. Crotchicy is simply trying to incarcerate two you heathens that are obviously already halfway to hell. Repent Mobes! While there is still time! (Horny prick....) I have a feeling that your wife is an amazing woman...

Dwayne

At the risk of derailing this train wreck...

Dwayne, the only thing in your most recent comments I can disagree on is dragging political labels into the discussion. I don't know that this is an issue of conservative versus liberal logic or thinking. I think this is an issue of common sense versus the knee jerk reactions that have dominated all aspects of political thinking in the country.

No political ideology has the monopoly on dumbshittery (what a great word). Labeling one side or another as liberal or conservative in an attempt to insult one another only points to someone who can't think of a better way to describe the general stupidity of what they're seeing.

Applying labels isn't really exactly what you're doing here. I fully realize that. But I *know* you're smart enough to avoid the trap that so many ideologues have fallen into.

Back to your regularly schedule head scratching while trying to figure out just WTF Crotchity is going to be offended about next.

so statutory rape is not an assualt ? A bruise on an 80 year old does not mean she was beaten, it may mean that she was held to avoid letting the patient hurt themselves, even so, a bruise is a bruise, its hardly life threatening or life altering.

Edited by crotchitymedic1986

so statutory rape is not an assualt ? A bruise on an 80 year old does not mean she was beaten, it may mean that she was held to avoid letting the patient hurt themselves, even so, a bruise is a bruise, its hardly life threatening or life altering.

From the legal Dictionary

Sexual intercourse by an adult with a person below a statutorily designated age.

The criminal offense of statutory rape is committed when an adult sexually penetrates a person who, under the law, is incapable of consenting to sex. Minors and physically and mentally incapacitated persons are deemed incapable of consenting to sex under rape statutes in all states. These persons are considered deserving of special protection because they are especially vulnerable due to their youth or condition.

Most legislatures include statutory rape provisions in statutes that punish a number of different types of sexual assault. Statutory rape is different from other types of rape in that force and lack of consent are not necessary for conviction. A defendant may be convicted of statutory rape even if the complainant explicitly consented to the sexual contact and no force was used by the actor. By contrast, other rape generally occurs when a person overcomes another person by force and without the person's consent.

The actor's age is an important factor in statutory rape where the offense is based on the victim's age. Furthermore, a defendant may not argue that he was mistaken as to the minor's age or incapacity. Most rape statutes specify that a rape occurs when the complainant is under a certain age and the perpetrator is over a certain age. In Minnesota, for example, criminal sexual conduct in the first degree is defined as sexual contact with a person under thirteen years of age by a person who is more than thirty-six months older than the victim. The offense also is committed if the complainant is between thirteen and sixteen years old and the actor is more than forty-eight months older than the complainant (Minn. Stat. Ann. § 609.342 [West 1996]).

Further readings

Cocca, Carolyn E. 2004. Jailbait: The Politics of Statutory Rape Laws in the United States. Albany : State University of New York Press.

Missing your point though?

It is hard to correlate your questions with the rest of the thread once you start grabbing at straws like this.

From the legal Dictionary

Missing your point though?

It is hard to correlate your questions with the rest of the thread once you start grabbing at straws like this.

I am not grabbing at straws. The laws vary from state to state, some have a romeo-juliet type clause where if both persons are minors, they are not prosecuted. Other states do not, if an underage girl has sex with anyone of any age it is a crime. The point is, do your report the crime, or ignore the crime. Some choose to ignore the law, some choose to report crimes. The point is that we tend to let our on values, or lack thereof get in the way.

... if an underage girl has sex with anyone of any age it is a crime.

Prove it.

The point is that we tend to let our on values, or lack thereof get in the way.

Or, as has been both clearly noted and demonstrated, you choose to twist the story/scenario/situation around until you think you've got people in a rhetorical bind.

WHEARAS each EMT City member is from different jurisdictions, and

WHEARAS each jurisdiction has different protocols and practices, and

WHEARAS laws of who must report what to the "authorities" are as varied as the jurisdictions we come from, and

WHEARAS every member of the City follows their local protocols and practices when it comes to making such reports as required (I hope I am correct on that one), then

RESOLVED: All required to make such reports will make them, and those not so required will not make them.

At the risk of derailing this train wreck...

Dwayne, the only thing in your most recent comments I can disagree on is dragging political labels into the discussion. I don't know that this is an issue of conservative versus liberal logic or thinking. I think this is an issue of common sense versus the knee jerk reactions that have dominated all aspects of political thinking in the country.

No political ideology has the monopoly on dumbshittery (what a great word). Labeling one side or another as liberal or conservative in an attempt to insult one another only points to someone who can't think of a better way to describe the general stupidity of what they're seeing.

Applying labels isn't really exactly what you're doing here. I fully realize that. But I *know* you're smart enough to avoid the trap that so many ideologues have fallen into.

Back to your regularly schedule head scratching while trying to figure out just WTF Crotchity is going to be offended about next.

Agree completely. I stand corrected. And I think that I did avoid the trap...sort of. When I tagged this as liberal it was based on Crotchity's long history here as a liberal champion. It wasn't my intention to label the act of reporting as liberal so much as anything that Crotchity does as a liberal act, if that makes sense.

I'm grateful for the clarification as it not my intention, no matter how misguided they may be, to imply that our liberal brothers and sisters would let their politics dictate the level to which they would protect their patients any more than the more well informed conservatives would. I'm playing of course, but I truly am grateful for the correction. That would have been a really ignorant, childish and petty political shot to take...and even I have some standards.

Thanks again Mike. I would have hated to let that stand.

Dwayne