Do You Have A Duty To Report ?

There are a few states, though I am not sure which ones, that only define statutory rape as being committed by a man. As for the age of consent and both standing trial, if you are not old enough to consent to sexual intercourse, are you old enough to be held liable for having sex? I think this could be an interesting paradox.

quite the paradox. sort of like you and your future version cannot occupy the same space and time or bad things happen.

Dwayne, why shouldn't he prosecute both? They both had sex under the age of consent so in a black and white world couldn't they both be charged?

Because they're kids!! Everything that causes someone a scab doesn't need to put someone in jail!! Sometimes pain just happens..its how we learn. Kids fuck kids...it's a fact of life and not that big of a deal. Yeah...even when a baby is made.

Adults fuck kids?...it's kind of a big deal. The adult needs to be raped because the Oprah crowd is going to convince the kid that S/he can't be healthy unless someone loses their literal or figurative life for it. But unfortunately it's Oprah that cause the majority of the damage, not the 'toucher'.

Sometimes sex is just sex!! I had sex maybe....1000 times before I was 18..I mean, I didn't count, but look at what a pillar of society I turned in to!! Pain is inevitable..lets not make learning from our mistakes a crime.

violence is a crime..it should be punished. Mutual dumbshittery is just part of growing up..lets not make it a bigger deal than it already is...

Nah man...I don't report kid A and kid B for being kids..I only report victims....

Dwayne

Edited by DwayneEMTP
  • Like 1

Hit the nail on the head here, Dwayne. I have to applaud you. And I agree... even when a baby is made, it's not the end of the world. If people would learn that, life would be so much better for so many people...

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Dwayne, just for your info, I was playing devils advocate. What I can say is that I'm not going to report them either. Big freking deal if they have sex. if a kid is conceived, then that's something the families of the two sex starved kids will have to address.

I didn't have sex 1000 times or so like you, Jeesh, you must have been a skank :) per high school speak. But I had my fair share and if I was charged each time I'd still be in jail.

Dwayne, just for your info, I was playing devils advocate. What I can say is that I'm not going to report them either. Big freking deal if they have sex. if a kid is conceived, then that's something the families of the two sex starved kids will have to address.

I didn't have sex 1000 times or so like you, Jeesh, you must have been a skank :) per high school speak. But I had my fair share and if I was charged each time I'd still be in jail.

Yeah man, I got your Devil's advocate, I was just playing off of it. I should have made that more clear.

Dwayne

OK, so a child has a baby or gets an STD at age 15, and thats no big deal, although it really changes her life forever, but if an elderly patient gets slapped in a nursing home and recieves a bruise that will heal in 2 days, we must involve goverment agencies ? Just because you did it too does not make it right, and I imagine if you were the parent of a teenager you might have a different opinion ? Am I wrong ? Let me ask this, since we all had sex with minors when we were minors, and we do not think that crime should be reported, what is the age where it becomes reportable ? Does the dude have to be 23, 25, 30, 40, or 50 before it becomes a crime ? Is it ever a crime ?

OK, so a child has a baby or gets an STD at age 15, and thats no big deal, although it really changes her life forever, but if an elderly patient gets slapped in a nursing home and recieves a bruise that will heal in 2 days, we must involve goverment agencies ? Just because you did it too does not make it right, and I imagine if you were the parent of a teenager you might have a different opinion ? Am I wrong ? Let me ask this, since we all had sex with minors when we were minors, and we do not think that crime should be reported, what is the age where it becomes reportable ? Does the dude have to be 23, 25, 30, 40, or 50 before it becomes a crime ? Is it ever a crime ?

Your not even making sense now. Comparing teenage sex with elder abuse? Intent means something here...

What about the fact that reporting prosecuting this "crime" creates two registered sex offenders? Ya think THAT may have an effect on the rest of their lives, especially given the lynch mob attitude that seems to go along with that label? You also seem to only be focusing on the consequences for the female which is an outdated, sexist and incredibly narrow point of view. If we prosecute one party, they both need to be prosecuted.

Part of the parents job is to prepare and educate their kids about the risk involved in sex and protecting themselves from those risk. Relying on archaic laws and idiotic "abstinence only" education programs is burying their head in the sand to reality.

When my daughter is 15 I hope she's not having sex. However I'm not going to try to forcefully stop her from it. She damn well will have information on the risk, possible consequences and how to protect herself from those. Making her a convict accomplishes what?

• Like 1