online fire academy

congomedic

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh? Sorry, man, I wouldn't know. I'm just an ambulance driver. You might try a firefighter forum, they'd probably be more helpful in answering your fire-related questions.

I don't know his motivation in asking, but in his defense, Florida is a very heavy Fire-Medic state. Because of that I considered it a valid question, if not clear.

Considering Texas doesn't have a fire 1&2 cert, my guess would be no...

ProBoard certifications accepted on international and national levels. You can get Firefighter 1 and 2 in Texas, our agency just sent a couple people to Houston to test for both. They did the class room portion online, and the practical in Texas. So, I assume it's accepted anywhere, b/c we're located in the North Eastern US.

The difference is, that minimum requirements are solely based on individual departments, not state wide. As it should be, b/c no two agencies are alike, in different corners of the country.

Edited by 4c6

I don't know his motivation in asking, but in his defense, Florida is a very heavy Fire-Medic state. Because of that I considered it a valid question, if not clear.

Oh yeah, they are, aren't they? My bad, no rudeness intended.

On another note, Tallahassee is a really beautiful city. smile.gif

My only motivation here is that theres an online fire academy that I've been looking into in Texas (TD) that has a very rigid academy. Lectures are all online but the practical aspect you have to go the academy for a few weeks for a boot camp and to be tested by the state.

Seeing that you would have to in most cases literally stop your job to attend fire academy for 3 1/2 months it seems like a great option for those who cant afford to stop working. I think based on the comments from students and agencies that send there people there, its just as stringent as the traditional program and wondered if Florida would except the credentials. In fact in total the hours exceed Floridas 398 hour minimum program requirement texas being over 400-420 hours minimum.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.