Snake Bites

tcripp

You guys are funny.

So...to answer the question about the standby event...it's a documentary being filmed on rattle snakes. Kinda interesting.

Better you than me.

Did you find out any info, if they will have anti-venom on site or corrdinate with any doctors?

Better you than me.

Did you find out any info, if they will have anti-venom venin on site or corrdinate coordinate.with any doctors?

Fixed that for you as it's been making me a little batshit in this conversation. (teasing, not meaning to bust your balls.)

venin - definition of venin by the Free Online Dictionary ...

ven·in (v n n, v n n) also ve·nene (v -n n , v n n). n. Any of various toxic substances found in the venom of snakes. ...

www.thefreedictionary.com/venin - Cached - Similar

I know you are all waiting with baited breath to hear how this event turned out...so here I am with all the fantastic details! Well, to be honest, nothing happened which is just fine with me.

The three handlers actually told me that, if bitten, they would take a few minutes to determine if it was serious enough to call me in. Fine. I told them that I don't work on 'em until they give me the high sign. They each had been bitten several times before and knew exactly what to do and when to get EMS involved. Go figure.

Now, a little twist in the conversation for you. I'd heard this last year but it didn't really sink in until today. Did you know they no longer manufacture an anti-venin for coral snakes? It's too expensive and no manufacturer will step up to do it. Now, how's that for those of us in coral snake territory?

Edited by tcripp

I know you are all waiting with baited breath to hear how this event turned out...so here I am with all the fantastic details! Well, to be honest, nothing happened which is just fine with me.

The three handlers actually told me that, if bitten, they would take a few minutes to determine if it was serious enough to call me in. Fine. I told them that I don't work on 'em until they give me the high sign. They each had been bitten several times before and knew exactly what to do and when to get EMS involved. Go figure.

Now, a little twist in the conversation for you. I'd heard this last year but it didn't really sink in until today. Did you know they no longer manufacture an anti-venin for coral snakes? It's too expensive and no manufacturer will step up to do it. Now, how's that for those of us in coral snake territory?

Never knew it was anti-venin. Learneded me something new!

Coral snakes act on the nervous system, I wonder if that is why the product is more complicated?

Whats the saying? Red on Black, you're dead, Jack. Red on Yellow, you're a lucky fellow? Its been a few years since boy scouts, I can't remember for sure.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.