EMT Back in the News

Richard B the EMT

Link to the story here.

This is one of the duo of EMTs that allegedly told the restaurant crew to call 9-1-1, and left an asthmatic pregnant woman to die, in a restaurant off the lobby of the building then housing the FDNY EMS EMD.

There are several things that make this horrendous...

This employee has again shown that high moral standards and professionalism are completely lacking in her world. Let's hope that this time, she is terminated, and no one else hires her.

Unfortunately, these are the stories about EMS that tend to make the headlines, rather than the thousands of calls across the country that go well, and the calls where EMS goes above and beyond each day. I hope that when people read about this person, they realize that she is the exception to EMS, not the rule.

This employee has again shown that high moral standards and professionalism are completely lacking in her world. Let's hope that this time, she is terminated, and no one else hires her.

Terminate. As an off thread (I think there are some), did or does the FDNY actually perform background checks and/or psychological testing prior to employment on the EMS side? Most FD's do, but just wondering on the EMS side.......even though I know some go 'bad' at times...

Terminate. As an off thread (I think there are some), did or does the FDNY actually perform background checks and/or psychological testing prior to employment on the EMS side? Most FD's do, but just wondering on the EMS side.......even though I know some go 'bad' at times...

I am told they do, but I was "grandfathered" in, as I was already in the pre-merger NYC Health & Hospitals Corporation EMS. The young lady in question probably WAS evaluated, as she came in much later than the merger.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.