Seattle Fire Dept.'s Ambulances

I'm still not sure what you're asking here... we have given you information on what we think it is... It's a fairly common box if that's what you're asking...

I believe he's intrigued by the manufacturer due to the lack of a curb side door. Hence he's trying to find out who made the box, such as Wheeled Coach, Leader, Road Rescue, Demers, Creastline, and many others. Unfortunately, I can't find any identifying marks on who converted the Ford chassis to an ambulance.

After linking to that picture, I admit being intrigued. The Seattle FD ambulance shown does NOT have a curb side door. To the best of my knowledge, that would make this ambulance illegal in my own state of New York, as, I believe, the rules and regulations call for an alternate means of removing a patient, should the rear loading doors be incapacitated.

My evidence is, admittedly, anecdotal. A previous employer was using 2 Chevy Suburban designed ambulances, and when told of this by the state DoH inspector, to prove the older design was still good, was willing to break one of the rear quarter panel windows. Without breaking the windows, the inspector passed the vehicles, but both were retired and replaced less than 12 months later.

I was in Seattle a few months ago and can confirm that those are ambulances, not support vehicles. Braun Northwest is located in Washington, has a large number of Pacific NW customers and builds many ambulances with the emergency lights located at the roofline of the box. I'm guessing that they built Seattle's fleet.

http://www.braunnorthwest.com

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.