Relocating to San Diego-looking for EMT job

mo814

I'm hoping to relocate to San Diego, CA for nursing school. I'm coming from CT (with my EMT license, cert, and CPR card) I was wondering if anyone can give me any info on if I would need any different certifications to work in CA and if you know what the average base pay would be?

YOu will need your NREMT card in order to be certed in CA and then you will need to get your DOT stuff to be able to drive. That should do it seeing as CA finally got smart and went to state cards rather than having to be county by county.

Oh yeah you also will need to be live scan fingerprinted.

In San Diego unless you work for rural metro the pay is pretty horrible but cough AMR cough is always hiring.

California still has county cards.

YOu will need your NREMT card in order to be certed in CA and then you will need to get your DOT stuff to be able to drive. That should do it seeing as CA finally got smart and went to state cards rather than having to be county by county.

Oh yeah you also will need to be live scan fingerprinted.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.