Chat times  

10 members have voted

1. 1. When do you want to chat?

• Weekdays
    • Weeknights
    • Weekend Evenings
    • Weekend Days
    • Never

Alright everyone the chat has been open to all members for awhile now. The chat is usually empty or has very few people. I was thinking of setting up designated times where more people can arrange to come chat with other members, and get a chance to meet and talk with your fellow posters. I made a poll to see when would be a good time for the majority of members to come chat.

If we can decide on a day and time that would be great. Also, this doesn't mean if you can't be around that time doesn't mean you can't chat at other times! People are there once in awhile. I am merely trying to arrange a gathering of sorts.

edited: to fix poll questions

Edited by FireMedic65
  • Like 1

I applaud your efforts, but doubt you will have success. Chatting in a chat room is so 1990ish. I can't remember the last time i was in a chatroom. Most of us choose to chat through texting or by posting on a social site like this or facebook, and then returning when you have time to follow up. Sitting in a chatroom for hours is just too inefficient.

Unfortunately, I only log in to the site, when I see a worthy discussion in the forums. If there happens to be more than two people in the chat room, and I'm bored, I log in. More often, if there are just two people, you get a few minutes of "hi, how ya been", and then neither one posts anything for an hour. I enjoy chatting w/ "you people", esp when you get a mix of folks from every continent. I remember when we would have fifteen people, and carry on all night...Just b/c there was nothing else to do. Many time, the sun was up by the time it started getting quiet. Lively debates, casual conversations, it's all good. But it's all gone. EMS is a melting pot, and no system works everywhere.. Our most common debate. I'd be up for a weekly chat, as long as we had a full house.