considering becoming a paramedic

Hello,

I am currently in the United States Marine Core and would like some information if you wouldnt mind helping me out. I am within 6 months of my contract ending and have decided to pursue this career path. Ive had a few of my fellow Marines that were paramedics at one point in their career the pros and cons of being a paramedic. I probably will have some stupid questions but you dont know until you ask rite? :) My first question would be regarding the state licenseing of paramedics is there a federal license or is this just at a state level only? And how hard is to transfer from state to state once you acquire that license for that particular state. The reason I am asking this question is because I plan to return home to GA around July and would be getting the licenseing for that state and my home in GA is within an hour from Tennesee and about 5 Mins from Alabama. Any input would be awesome.

Hello,

I am currently in the United States Marine Core and would like some information if you wouldnt mind helping me out. I am within 6 months of my contract ending and have decided to pursue this career path. Ive had a few of my fellow Marines that were paramedics at one point in their career the pros and cons of being a paramedic. I probably will have some stupid questions but you dont know until you ask rite? :) My first question would be regarding the state licenseing of paramedics is there a federal license or is this just at a state level only? And how hard is to transfer from state to state once you acquire that license for that particular state. The reason I am asking this question is because I plan to return home to GA around July and would be getting the licenseing for that state and my home in GA is within an hour from Tennesee and about 5 Mins from Alabama. Any input would be awesome.

My first question is this

Have you taken a paramedic course? If not then that might be the first place to go. I don't know what the marines teach nor do I know if what you have learned will allow you to sit for the medic test in the state of your choice.

I suspect that you will have to take a paramedic course and even maybe EMT class if you don't have the corresponding training to allow you to go to medic.

That's where I would start.

Hello,

I am currently in the United States Marine Core...

I call shenanigans.

There is not a single US Marine in the entire world who would misspell this. Even the most illiterate Marines I've ever known and worked with knew how to properly spell the full name of their service branch. Even if they can't spell anything else correctly, they know full well how to spell United States Marine Corps.

I call shenanigans.

There is not a single US Marine in the entire world who would misspell this. Even the most illiterate Marines I've ever known and worked with knew how to properly spell the full name of their service branch. Even if they can't spell anything else correctly, they know full well how to spell United States Marine Corps.

You are such a cinic :devilish:

I can give you the name of the best and outside the state famous instructor for the Paramedic course as well as which core classes you will need to complete prior to the course (lived there 26 years and moved to Texas 6 months ago).

Jennifer

:thumbsup:

Email me

Hello,

I call shenanigans.

AGREED :wtf: ... is going on lately ?

You missed "contract" paramedicmike I have heard terms like "hitch" / "tour" / "!@#^%$#@V" but never heard contract from anyone other than blackwatch or the CPS teams or private EOD.

cheers good thread ...

Edited by tniuqs

I call shenanigans.

No question...good catch brother. Perhaps this person is checking for someone else but afraid that they would not be taken seriously in the 3rd person?

Dwayne

well theres two ways of saying Corps and Core is more of a slang term and if you dont believe Im in the marine core well then lol, woah http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1406834364 p Im a Helo Mech for v-22s, ch-53e, cobras and hueys. Ive been to Kandahar, Afghanistan and Al Asad, Iraq (camp cupcake) I know the internet is a shady place and what not but damn. If im gonna ask from some advice on a site from people that are here to help another and share experiences. And just for shits and giggles before you start to cut down people get your facts straight just google marine corps and marine core and see what shows up the exact same thing because the saying means the s

well theres two ways of saying Corps and Core is more of a slang term and if you dont believe Im in the marine core well then lol, woah http://www.facebook....p?id=1406834364 p Im a Helo Mech for v-22s, ch-53e, cobras and hueys. Ive been to Kandahar, Afghanistan and Al Asad, Iraq (camp cupcake) I know the internet is a shady place and what not but damn. If im gonna ask from some advice on a site from people that are here to help another and share experiences. And just for shits and giggles before you start to cut down people get your facts straight just google marine corps and marine core and see what shows up the exact same thing because the saying means the s

If you know the internet is full of shady characters then you should also realize that it's out of respect for our fighting forces in general and the Marines in particular that we hesitate to allow those that have not 'been there, done that' to take credit for it.

And you did get the help you asked for, didn't you? No offense intended brother, but this profession at the very least takes a thick skin. No one knows you here, no one was purposely trying to offend you. It was simply a matter of trying to separate the truth from the bullshit as we like to think that we maintain some level of honesty here, despite the never ending wave of bullshit that walks through the door.

For the record. I did as you asked and Googled 'Marine Core' and recieved "Did you mean: marine corp "

Just sayin'..

Dwayne

Well, the Marine who sits next to me and the Navy Corpsman who sits on the other side of me and just spent the past 7 years with the Marines both have no idea where you're coming up with "core".

You're right. The internet is a shady place where people, in the short term, can pretend to be things they aren't. Given enough time, however, they give themselves away.

That being said, I still know of no Marine who couldn't properly spell the full name of their service branch. Nor do I know any Marine who would dare spell it incorrectly. They consider it to be a demonstrated lack of respect to both the Corps itself and their brothers and sisters who call themselves Marines. They may joke about a lot of things. But replacing "Corps" with "core" and being blatantly disrespectful isn't one of those things they'll joke about.

Just because Google says something doesn't make it so. Besides, when I googled "Marine Core" the first thing google said to me was, "Did you mean 'Marine CORPS'?" So even Google knows it's wrong.

Anyway, you said you had buddies who were paramedics. Why not ask them? What did they tell you?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.