Growing up

emsgirl

what was Gargamel's cat's name?

Azrael. The Smurfs spinoff--the Snorks, the Justice League of America("Wonder twin powers activate!")

"Tastes great! Less filling!" with John Madden bursting through the Miller Lite logo--"And another thing!"

Star Wars episode IV without Jabba the Hut. GI Joe with Kung Fu action grip.

The Super Bowl Shuffle, Harvey's Wallbangers in Milwaukee, no hockey in AZ or FL( I mean really, WTH?!)

Just to go back even further, waiting for the picture tube in the TV to warm up before the picture came on.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember Ultraman.. but I DO remember Mighty Mouse.. and the Go Go Gophers (on Underdog I think).... Ohhh and Fractured Fairy Tales... now I wish I could find THOSE on DVD.

I get a kick out of watching my little cousins "discover" all of the toys from the 80's that are getting reinvented and redistributed out to a new generation. It's a walk down memory lane for us and they just think we're either old or crazy, I know I still have a bunch of my 80s toys that are collector items now.

And what's up with classic songs being redone ? I know it always happens but they never ever sound as good the second time around!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.