Author looking for consultant

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheesh. Memories

I had a different orange book(cannot recall which one) as an EMT-with a matching study guide, both long gone, and Nancy Caroline's text for paramedic school.

I have those in my library and not going to part with them because they are now history in EMS. I have Nancy Caroline's Emergency Care in the Streets somewhere ... ah the memories .

I have those in my library and not going to part with them because they are now history in EMS. I have Nancy Caroline's Emergency Care in the Streets somewhere ... ah the memories .

You are right- history, indeed.

I took my EMT-A (yeah, it was that long ago) when I was in college, and I think that book was lost after I graduated. It would be a great collectors item now. LOL

I have about ten copies of the PA Ambulance Attendant somewhere. I've got like a museum in the computer room, take it to club meets for a group that collects old ambulances. I have some type of large device or kit from 1940-1990, as part of what I call "The Heritage of EMS". Have a whole speech to go with it, I do demonstrations of an old resuscitator for classes, demo pre-ems treatments, resuscitation, back-pressure methods, etc.

I turned over my first edition Orange and Yellow books to Chief J P Martin, FDNY EMS Command, who was then the "curator" of the FDNY EMS "Museum", at the FDNY EMSC Academy at Fort Totten, Bayside, Queens County, NY, as well as the academy commandant. As of my last visit to the museum's room, the book had not been added, and the room seems to have fallen into a state of some disrepair. As Chief Martin is no longer the Commandant there, I won't fault him.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the people that have contacted me via email and offered to help. I appreciate the valuable time you've invested in answering my questions. I've amassed enough information now to lay down the foundation of what I hope will be an engaging and realistic chapter. I have a full schedule working my other job, putting the finishing touches on my first novel, and spending time with my wife and two kids, so it may be a week or two before I can really put the information you've given me to work. When I do I'm sure I'll have more questions, but now, thanks to some generous people, I'll know exactly who to ask.

So thanks,

• 1 month later...

Hello again,

Thought i'd drop you a line and let everone know what I'm up to. As I said in my op I was still a couple months from publishing my first novel. Well, it's been a couple months and I'm finally there.

The paperback is on hold for another week while I wait for the proof to come in the snail mail, but the book is available in ebook format on amazons kindle at the following adress.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.html/ref=redir_mdp_mobile/187-5860527-3050514?a=B004Q3RJ0Q

Download a sample and enjoy!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.