" running through traffic between 21st and broad"

Dude

I think you fail to see humor at all. The humor is the fact hes naked and doing reverse snow angles.. Get outta here with that treat first crap ,.. my job is to provide medical help to the sick and injured what the ******* you think i did just stand there ? lol

go read your books or somethnig rookie.

to the rookie

Heres another funny call for ya's

I had a 22 yom who had asked his girl what it feels like to get it up the A** and she showed him , with a flashlight and tennis ball at the end with a condom of over the whole concoocktion and well it got stuck.............. yes while greeting the pt i sstated and quote ( alright , which one stuck the flashlight up his ass ))

true storey.

Rookie? None of us are rookies... .I think it is you who needs to go read some books, lets start with basic spelling and grammar because you lack both. Storey? let's try that again, it's Story.

You come in here making light of other peoples emergencies, pain, and misfortune, and expect us all to laugh along? I do not think so.

Please come back when you gain the maturity and composure to conduct yourself in a professional manner.

• Like 3

I think you fail to see humor at all. The humor is the fact hes naked and doing reverse snow angles.. Get outta here with that treat first crap ,.. my job is to provide medical help to the sick and injured what the ******* you think i did just stand there ? lol

go read your books or somethnig rookie.

to the rookie

Heres another funny call for ya's

I had a 22 yom who had asked his girl what it feels like to get it up the A** and she showed him , with a flashlight and tennis ball at the end with a condom of over the whole concoocktion and well it got stuck.............. yes while greeting the pt i sstated and quote ( alright , which one stuck the flashlight up his ass ))

true storey.

I find neither of your stories funny, nor do they qualify as even being 'slightly amusing'. That you attempt to justify the 'humor' makes it that much less funny.

As far as your second 'story', your lack of professionalism makes things even less so. It's apparent that the day your class was taught about professionalism; you were either asleep, or you thought it applied to everyone BUT you.

Your actions and your lack of maturity are the antithesis of what those of us that are SERIOUS about our profession are trying to accomplish.

Your attempt at casting aspersions (the attempt at using 'rookie' as an insult), only makes you more all the more reprehensible. There are many that regularly post in these forums that have more time in service than apparently you've been alive.

Rather than lash out at those who DARE to chastise you for your actions, maybe you should view this as a 'teachable moment' and learn proper ettiquette and professional demeanor from those of us who are quaified to point out your errors in judgement.

Congratulations, you and your contemporaries have succeeded in setting EMS back to the days of it's inception. I hope you're proud!

• Like 4

Since many of us have been providing Prehospital emergency care since your parents were in grade school playing hide the sausage, I hardly consider us to be rookies,

Your complete lack of spelling and grammar skills point to your lack of education. If you find humor in others misery then you need to go back to mickey D's and continue your career as the fry manager.

There is a difference between funny at the expense of someone else's misfortune, and those who accept the consequences of attempting what we laugh at. The antics of "Super Dave" Osbourne (spelling?) is one example, and Youtube is another.

Addressing Youtube, I saw a video there on military humor. One of the items in the video was a soldier being hit by the recoil of a small howitzer (I'm no artillery expert, so as to what size...) being fired. Many who commented on that being included in "Humor" really beat up on the poster, as in that type accident, the impact of the back of the gun being fired, is invariably fatal.

Several sportscasters on local NYC area TV news shows play videos of assorted crashes, in cars, on skis, and that baseball player who caught a fly ball as he crashed through a wall. Their catch phrase is usually "...and nobody got hurt". Otherwise, they tell the audience what they are about to see is "disturbing".

There is a video of a politician who knew he was going to be arrested immediately after he finished a press conference, for misuse of funds. He was admitting his guilt on camera, while holding a large envelope. As it became apparent that he was finishing up, he opened the envelope, pulled out a pistol, put it in his mouth, and fired, in front of both the audience in attendance, and live to the TV audience. This might be funny to some, but, I presume, emphatically NOT to the majority of the members of EMT City.

Would someone in authority please lock this string?

I said to myself that after being called a rookie (no it was not direct however the inent was there) I would no longer post to this thread. However, I have two more things to say about it and then I agree with Richard I hope this thread is locked.

First, I am going to make an assumption and it might come back to haunt me but eh, nothing ventured nothing gained. I would like to take a moment to thank you for not only being someone who set back EMS, but I suspect you set my generation back as a whole. I say MY generation because I don't want to include you as part of it. Some of us especially in this line of work have had to work hard to overcome the stereotypes set upon us by our elders. I for one am fortunate that most members on this forum know that I am not immature (most of the time). They also have watched me grow not only as a professional but also as a human being. Most them including me possibly have more time in rank than you and so for you to call us rookies is not only disrespectful and immature it is a slap in the face. Wait until you have seen a six month old infant die in your arms and then see if it changes your perspective on humor.

Second, and in my opinion most important IMHO is the fact that we (the members) are not the only people who read and see these forums members of the public, the general public, see these as well. That is how you have set back the industry and the generation and hurt it the most. Just the other day I was googling something so I could find some contact information to another post. When i typed in my search query the first thing that came up was a thread on another EMS website that I am a member of, you need to remember that you are always in the fishbowl as a member of a public safety group. If you are not sure what a fishbowl is than just ask.

So with that in mind I hope that you will learn from your mistakes and hopefully we can watch you grow and learn as so many have watched me and I have watched others grow and learn both professionally and humanely.

• Like 4

I'm sorry...so yes, the OP is definitely not funny. And everyone does make a good point about checking your grammar and spelling before you post, but seriously, is it necessary to be rude each other? Several of you said the same thing, and not to take sides or anything, but to post replies such as "you should go back to mickey D's and return to your job as the fry manager" is not necessary. You guys said that as part of the public safety community we are always in the fishbowl and that these forums are public, anyone can see them. So doesn't attacking someone with these comments just make you as bad as what you are all complaining about? People can see your attacks on each other, so in my opinion, that makes us as bad as who we are attacking. What if you really were the fry manager at mickey D's and you saw someone say that to someone else as an insult. Wouldn't that offend you? So yes, while we are trying to make EMS a better place for everyone and yes, we are trying to gain the respect that we as providers feel is deserved, but by attacking other posters with insults makes you no better than what you are upset about. Sorry, but that is how I see what just happened in this thread...

• Like 1

I'm sorry...so yes, the OP is definitely not funny. And everyone does make a good point about checking your grammar and spelling before you post, but seriously, is it necessary to be rude each other? Several of you said the same thing, and not to take sides or anything, but to post replies such as "you should go back to mickey D's and return to your job as the fry manager" is not necessary. You guys said that as part of the public safety community we are always in the fishbowl and that these forums are public, anyone can see them. So doesn't attacking someone with these comments just make you as bad as what you are all complaining about? People can see your attacks on each other, so in my opinion, that makes us as bad as who we are attacking. What if you really were the fry manager at mickey D's and you saw someone say that to someone else as an insult. Wouldn't that offend you? So yes, while we are trying to make EMS a better place for everyone and yes, we are trying to gain the respect that we as providers feel is deserved, but by attacking other posters with insults makes you no better than what you are upset about. Sorry, but that is how I see what just happened in this thread...

By keeping silent, we are tacitly condoning this type of behavior. By expressing our outrage and disapproval of this poster's behavior, we are attempting to a.) correct the behavior and b.) to distance ourselves from the negative image that the poster is putting forth.

By defending the original poster, you are thereby defending their actions and vicariously defending their behavior.

Honestly, being a fry cook (or even Fry Manager) at the local McDonald's doesn't take a plethora of education, and it's not a profession. I seriously doubt that the local colleges will offer an Associates Degree course in 'Fryology'or 'Fast Food Preparation'.

It is this type of image that we in EMS need to dispel, so that we can concentrate our efforts on projecting a positive and professional image. Hopefully by being ridiculed, the original poster will see that this type of behavior is frowned upon, and can become active in changing the face of EMS that the general public sees.

• Like 2

By keeping silent, we are tacitly condoning this type of behavior. By expressing our outrage and disapproval of this poster's behavior, we are attempting to a.) correct the behavior and b.) to distance ourselves from the negative image that the poster is putting forth.

By defending the original poster, you are thereby defending their actions and vicariously defending their behavior.

Honestly, being a fry cook (or even Fry Manager) at the local McDonald's doesn't take a plethora of education, and it's not a profession. I seriously doubt that the local colleges will offer an Associates Degree course in 'Fryology'or 'Fast Food Preparation'.

It is this type of image that we in EMS need to dispel, so that we can concentrate our efforts on projecting a positive and professional image. Hopefully by being ridiculed, the original poster will see that this type of behavior is frowned upon, and can become active in changing the face of EMS that the general public sees.

Ok, first of all, I am by no means defending the original poster or condoning his actions. And I am certainly not condoing everyone elses's actions who have turned a simple judgement error into an online bullying forum. All I am saying is that there are better ways to change what was posted and to change the image of EMS...there is no need to attack people.

And second, seriously, who cares if the local colleges don't offer an "associates degree course in 'fryology' or 'fast food preparation'". If that is what someone chooses to do with their life, then it is THEIR profession. Just because you don't see it that way, doesn't mean that it is a bad job...It just means that it is not for you. And if you want to start talking about trying to change the face of EMS that the general public sees, don't even start to frown upon someone who is making an honest living by working as a fry cook...you're just being rude and making EMS personel look like job snobs.

• Like 1

Honestly, being a fry cook (or even Fry Manager) at the local McDonald's doesn't take a plethora of education, and it's not a profession. I seriously doubt that the local colleges will offer an Associates Degree course in 'Fryology'or 'Fast Food Preparation'..

I remember there used to be a "Hamburger University", where the McDonald's Corporation used to send it's senior managers for training. It might be considered to be a managerial school in the "Hotel and Food Indsustry" trade, or "Industrial and Labor Management Relations". Plus, the class was only a week or 2, and EMT-Basic is at least 125 hours, more in some counties, parishes, states, provences, and countries.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.