Rotating Tourniquets

Chief1C

HAHA!

Reminds me of my paramedic class...Instructor asks where you tie the tourniquet when you do an EJ. Student(not me!) responds----Around the neck!

Seriously??? The rest of us just sat in stunned silence....

Gulp. Really?

I hope that person does not practice in my area.

:thumbsup: Good post...:thumbsup:

Ive never heard of this. I just learned something new. The idea of rotating tourniguets sounds good in theory, though not something I'd put in my bag of tools...

Thanks for sharing!

I have an actual text book of "Paramedic skills" dated 1986 with this listed along with a skill sheet for testing. Weather it worked is debatable, like Isoprel, some older medics still swear it worked.

While we are reminiscing about the old days, one amp of bicarb for witnessed arrest, 2 amps for unwitnessed arrest.

Ever use 90% etoh nebulised for Cardiogenic Pulmonary Oedema ?

I swear it works but it is never used any more, a bit of a fire hazard possibly ?

ps Mobey your way too young ! LOL.

This worked by breaking the surface tension of the pulmonary edema, breaking it up and therefore (in theory) allowing better O2 transport. The problem was it also destroyed surffactant and caused other VQ mismatch related issues.

I have an actual text book of "Paramedic skills" dated 1986 with this listed along with a skill sheet for testing. Weather it worked is debatable, like Isoprel, some older medics still swear it worked.

This worked by breaking the surface tension of the pulmonary edema, breaking it up and therefore (in theory) allowing better O2 transport. The problem was it also destroyed surffactant and caused other VQ mismatch related issues.

Using Isuprel was rare when we carried it, but it worked like a charm if you needed it (used it a grand total of once personally). Also saw the nebulized ETOH used just recently in the ED; it also did the trick.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.