What Did Your Service Improve In 2010 ?

- Thrombolysis trial

- RSI being rolled out nationally

- Another 80 FTE Ambulance Officers

- Continued phase-out of the Intermediate Care Officer level

- Increased numbers of Intensive Care Paramedics

- Heartstart MRx replacing LP12s

- Ondansetron PO/IV replacing maloxon

- Introduction of new Merceedes vehicles (vans)

- First full year of CCE

- Introduction of new national titles (Emergency Medical Technician, Paramedic and Intensie Care Paramedic)

- New CombiCarrer II to replaced old metalic Ferno scoop

- Stryker stretchers

-

• 3 weeks later...

Well my company has moved into the right direction for 2011. Since my employment in 2008; I've pushed for better screening for potential employment like written exam, physical exam, & oral exam. We are set to start this with the upcoming new hires. I've pushed for Controlled Substances for the ALS; which in 3/2010, I was able to get. I've pushed for more units and we just added one & we're looking to add two more. I've pushed to have the NYS CME Refresher Recertification Program and we were approved in 8/2010. I've worked to get more Hospital Contracts and we've added 4 Hospitals to our service coverage. I've pushed for reprimands for Policy Violations and all of 2010 we've done that but set for 2011, there will be zero tolerance. I've set a format for PCR and Paperwork review since my employment but since 2010 and more so in 2011; every aspect of documentation has been reviewed, critiqued, & remediated. I've asked for monthly or bi-monthly drills; we are set to do this, next month. I've pushed for our maintenance workers to get healthcare coverage & that is currently in the works. I've held employees to a higher standard than what NYS has for EMTs. I hope 2011 will be as successful as I have projected it to be. All the best...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.