Don't Ask, Don't Tell Repealed

Eydawn

Gays do not belong in the military. Why ? All queers are mentally ill, thus making them queer. We dont hand automatic weapons to people with mental illness.

Support and stand behind your troops, asshole ... or feel free to enlist and stand in front of them.

You're obviously of no decent character, so in no position to be judging others as you just have.

• Like 3

You OBVIOUSLY are not in the military. There are numerous militaries around the world that are fully co-ed and I wouldn't be surprised if the showers are also. If you are sooo worried about one of your troops checking you out in the shower then maybe it is YOU with the mental illness. I would be more concerned about you in the heat of a firefight because your mind is on the gay guys trying to check you out, you would be a danger to me, my soldiers, and the mission. I speak from experience here, when I had the opportunity to take a shower, the absolute last thing in my mind was who was looking at my junk. My concerns were if I was going to take a shower again or if I'd see my family again or if one of my guys OR girls were going to fall the next mission, NOT who was gay and looking at me.

It's funny you seem to think that Homosexualism is a mental illness. If so the HATE is a mental illness. Hate for people who are not bothering you in any way shape or form but yet you still hate them. WELL DUH I guess that makes you as mentally ill as gays!

Well we banged out women and gays, what's next ambulances for whites only and coloreds only????????

Sean

Haha....right on

Support and stand behind your troops, asshole ... or feel free to enlist and stand in front of them.

You're obviously of no decent character, so in no position to be judging others as you just have.

FUNNY.....but I believe it is "if you don't stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them!"

I see that there are many different opinions. Most everybody here, except for the guy who thinks gays are mentally ill.....sorry lets get back on track.....

Most people agree that there shouldn't be an issue. Besides Lonestar, CHBare, and a few other, how many of you have served???????

How many have deployed to the far reaches of the earth where people really want to kill you?????

I just wonder........not that I disagree with the majority, I just want to know the base of your opinions?

But, to get to the point here is the...I mean MY bottom line.

IT DOES NOT MATTER.

Some of the best, most rugged, and most effective soldiers I know and have fought with are gay. It does not matter.

I think it boils down to this, either your professional....or your not.

Anywho, just my 2 cents.......peace :punk: .

Armymedic I have not served it was not the path I took. But I do have infinite respect to our military.

My opinion on this means nothing if you ask me because I am not serving. But what does matter is what the troops say? Do they want this? Is this repeal something that was forced on them and the military doesn't want it or will it be another set of orders that is followed because that's what soldiers do?

I tend to think that it's a little of both. You can criticise the order or the repealing of don't ask don't tell but in the end you (collectively as soldiers) will continue to do what you do. You will continue to fight for our country, fight for the freedoms we enjoy and go about your daily business of protecting the USA and the world. It's what you do.

I for that applaud you.

You have my continued respect and admiration.

Thanks for your service to all the military men and women on this forum and in the military.

Michael

FUNNY.....but I believe it is "if you don't stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them!"

Yes thanks, I have seen the poster and am well aware of what it says.

I made my point however, and made it out of disgust for the verbal diarrhea I saw coming from that person.

Perhaps I took your post out of context? However, I am not sure said point (your friend's point) is valid? In that, I mean I am unaware of any evidence that supports such a point other than anecdote. With that, I am more than willing to take a look at available evidence and discuss it.

Take care,

chbare.

I'm unaware of any such evidence either which is why I thought it was an interesting perspective, but didn't mean to give it any more weight than an anecdote deserves. It's been a long time, and it was a really long argument and one that I certainly couldn't recreate here for the purposes of discussing it. Empirical data on this type of issue will be near impossible to gather I'm afraid as it will mostly revolve around participant provided information. As said elsewhere though, my guess would be that it's the non military reading the paper that will be stirred up by this, the military will simply continue to do their work as always.

Thanks for your thoughts.

...1. If you are straight and contend you are not a homophobe "hell, my best friend is queer"), how many gay bars have you been to in the past 12 months ? Surely you did decide to hang out with some of your gay partners when you were off-duty, didnt you ?

Same here. I've been to some awesome gay bars, but non in recent years.

...2. If you are a straight man with a male child, would you allow your child to stay in a daycare where the staff was all male homosexuals (not just once, but on a daily basis).

I would have no issue with this at all. Nor with gay teachers, healthcare providers etc. Wait, are they black gays? Cause that would be asking too much!

Dwayne

Most people agree that there shouldn't be an issue. Besides Lonestar, CHBare, and a few other, how many of you have served???????

I attempted to enlist in the mid 80s but was denied due to injuries. But if you truly don't believe that the persons service record matters to their opinions then why all of the question marks at the end of the above sentence?

...How many have deployed to the far reaches of the earth where people really want to kill you?????

I did spend a few days in Afg at BAF and KAF as a medic, but not sure how you would credit civilian service. I don't credit it very highly.

...I just wonder........not that I disagree with the majority, I just want to know the base of your opinions?

And my response is given out of respect for your question, not any need to try to make my point seem more valid, as I truly don't have an opinion on this subject.

I will tell you this..the first thing I did when I got to a base was walk around and figure out where the Army was bunked as it was my intention to go and hide behind them if the shit ever hit the fan.. :-)

Thanks for your service brother.

Dwayne

Edited to try and adjust formating.

Edited by DwayneEMTP

I do believe I would have a problem with an all gay provider daycare - either male or female.

I'm gonna catch hell for that comment above but it's not what I want my child exposed to. Sorry if that pisses anyone off.

But although I don't have a problem with the person who is gay, I do have a huge problem with the lifestyle that they lead. We believe in our family that sex and marriage is between a man and a woman. Not a man/man or woman/woman.

I never served in the military. Momma B served in the Army during WW2, as a WAC PFC, where she met Poppa B, a T4 Sargent, at Fort Knox, KY.

Momma B, in telling her tales of Army life, mentioned she was under the "non-com" command of a lesbian Sargent, who's "wife" was in the same unit. The Sarge did her job running the mess hall kitchens well, and apparently it was, at least at that posting (not in Fort Knox) a non-issue in the early 1940s.

Momma B just told me it appeared nobody cared about the Sarge's "proclivities", just that, due to her skills, made it a lot easier for the others in her command to do their jobs.

I'm gonna catch hell for that comment above but it's not what I want my child exposed to.

At what point in the child care process would your child be exposed to their lifestyle? Aside from any bias you project and your child picks up on, how would they ever know? Do you think they would be ass slapping, kissing in the corner during child's nap time?

How is their private sex life any different than say a mixed gender or even same gender straight staff? What prevents them from talking about how they got laid last night, or did this with that person, or whatever topic you wish too insert here.

The point is, none of it is expected nor should it be tolerated in a child care environment. So what behavior exactly are you more afraid of from a gay/lesbian staff than a straight staff member? What makes you think the gay/lesbian staff would demonstrate these behaviors more so than the straight members? Are the straight people more in control and able to restrain their desires or conversations whereas the gay/lesbians will just be out of control?

Just asking to gain a different perspective...

Wasn't Alexander the Great gay? One of the greatest generals in the history of war... Why does sexuality have to be an issue for people? Without going into the history of homosexuality or anything like that.. these feelings have nothing to do with anyones ability to do anything. Their aspirations and ambitions to do the tasks at hand are what determines their success.

At what point in the child care process would your child be exposed to their lifestyle? Aside from any bias you project and your child picks up on, how would they ever know? Do you think they would be ass slapping, kissing in the corner during child's nap time?

How is their private sex life any different than say a mixed gender or even same gender straight staff? What prevents them from talking about how they got laid last night, or did this with that person, or whatever topic you wish too insert here.

The point is, none of it is expected nor should it be tolerated in a child care environment. So what behavior exactly are you more afraid of from a gay/lesbian staff than a straight staff member? What makes you think the gay/lesbian staff would demonstrate these behaviors more so than the straight members? Are the straight people more in control and able to restrain their desires or conversations whereas the gay/lesbians will just be out of control?

Just asking to gain a different perspective...

Again AK you give me things to think about. I didn't think about it from the perspective you gave but I still would be uncomfortable having my child in a homosexual run day care.

I know that there would be no ass slapping or anything like that. I don't think that with my son being 8 and having formed a somewhat well formed world view I would expect that he would be OK with the situation but the questions he'd have would be I guess more uncomfortable for me to answer than him to ask.

unfortunately you cannot guarantee that there would be no showing of the homosexual lifestyle such as their partners coming into the daycare and no different than heterosexuals, kissing good by and all that. I think that the questions he would bring home would be more uncomfortable for me to answer if you know what I'm tyring to say.

My son is adopted, he has a gay brother(birth family). He knows that his brother is Gay. He asks about him and says that he loves his brother but does not like his lifestyle. Mattie (brother) is a openly gay homosexual and he does not care who knows it. My son says he loves his brother but does not like his lifestyle which he believes is wrong. I'm sure that's my and my wifes influence on him but he is old enough to make his own decisions on this type of thing. I can guide him in what my beliefs are and his mother also but I think he's making his own decisions pretty well.