EMT struck, killed by truck while working I-65 crash

If the pickup was speeding and passing cars in icy conditions and didn't slow down for the emergency vehicles then he should be charged with vehicular homicide.

These drivers who fail to slow down when we are on the highway disgust me.

I had a driver who would not slow down when we were working an accident one day. We were getting ready to move the patient to the ambulance and the driver just kept on coming. He began to slow down when he realized we were moving the patient yet did not stop. I motioned for him to stop, he kept coming at about 10 - 15 miles per hour. I realized he wasn't going to stop so I pulled out my mag light and smacked his car when he drove by. Damn he was pissed. The trooper saw what was happening and by the time the trooper got over to us the driver stopped. He was yelling at me. I told him that he nearly hit us and the patient.

He said he had to get somewhere in a hurry and the Trooper cut in and said, "You aint getting there quite yet" proceeded to take him off behind his patrol car and the next thing I see is the guy getting handcuffed. The troooper at the hospital told me he had 2 warrants and now he had charges for careless and imprudent driving, failing to yield for an emergency vehicle, speeding, obstructing a criminal investigation and whatever else he could think of. I don't know what happened to the guy.

He did file a complaint against me for damage to his vehicle but my boss refused to pay for it.

but I did get a butt chewin for damaging his car. I tried to hit a home run with the mag light but it only made a 5 inch dent.

I'll go one better, We were nearly hit by a driver on a roadway one day and I threw my maglite at the back window of his car and it shattered the window.

The guy did stop and wanted to kick my ass but the troopers and county deputies stopped him because he refused to stop for them as well.

He spent the night in jail. Our service didn't pay for his window either.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.