Sager Extreme fracture response system

PCP

Has anybody used one before and if so, what are you thoughts good or bad?

My personal opinion I find them a little too time consuming to put together and possibly not as stable to use as the regular SAGER splint that comes in one piece. This is based on me, just playing around with it in the first aid office, and never having the chance to use it on a patient. After playing around with it, I would rather have someone go and get the regular SAGER from the ambulance.

As well, not sure if any of you use the pillow splint for a stable ankle fracture, but what are thoughts on using a pillow for a splint? I personally find that it works well, long as you get the trauma strap tight around the pillow.

To the first question, I don't believe I have seen it. Want to try someone else's Sanger Traction Splint, too, opportunity has not yet presented. I'll answer after I look the item up on line.

I have used the "Pillow Splint" method numerous times, and can report that it seems to comfortably immobilize, and is "cushiony" for the patient, too.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.