Ferno #30

I found this picture online and unless I'm mistaken, that's a Ferno #30.

I sorta assumed these were all long gone. Murder on the backs. Anyone else still using these? At my service we're gradually rolling in Stryker power cots (and anxiously awaiting the power load system) as part of a service wide transition to "no lift". We already have tracked stairchairs.

Yup, kind odd to see in NYC, unless it's a reserve ambulance. I used those the first two years I was an EMT. IMO, it's easier to lift, the closer you stand to your partner. It fit perfectly in all homes, esp. the big mansions, elevators, etc. The only downside, the ambulance was modular, with a CPR seat. The cot, mounted against the wall, so the seat was sort of useless. But it worked well for the patient monitor. We retired the last M30 in '08, actually not a bad thing to sleep on in the station, pretty comfy.

Then why is the EMS crew not wearing their personal protective gear? Sorry, but that crew is in violatioin, and might get a "Command Discipline" penalty. Might cost them a few days annual leave.

Must be an old, spare truck, as the newer ones have the newer "one man" type.

Yes that is a model 30 dinosaur . If they are trying to remove a pt from the little shatbox car , why didn't the 8 firefighters just pick it up and shake the pt out onto the stretcher? :dribble:

We retired our old ferno's 15 years ago

Edited by island emt

I remember those back breakers! I think the last time I used one of those was when I used to ride with MetroCare about a decade ago. I left there when they were switching out, at the time every unit newer that a 96 had a Ferno 35. Even the volly squads switched over to the 35s around then.

Funny thing about those old 30s...they tested trousers. I remember a call when my partner and I knelt down to lift and we both heard a loud rrripp. As soon as we handed off at the ED, we headed out to my partner's house for a change of pants.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.