Boston EMS Fraud

Richard B the EMT

..I'm one of the freaks that actually looks forward to my recerts.

How come you are never in one of my classes???

I wish I had more freaks in my classes... I get tired of the staff who come in whining before the class even starts, when it is just a CPR recert which only takes a few hours. I have never understood why it is so painful to get through a few recerts and do some continuing education, to maintain a professional certification. We don't want a doctor who hasn't done any upgrading for 20 years, so why do we think we should be able to get away with it?

And like Ruff said - how can people expect to be considered professional, when their actions don't show that they are? A few bad apples....

OK, the complaints about it seemingly specifiying Boston are on me, as I am the original poster. Boston EMS is a part of the Boston Health and Hospitals Corporation, if memory serves, and was actually started up as a similar operation to the NYC HHC EMS, with their help, years prior to the NYC EMS being moved to the management of the FDNY.

There is at least one Boston Fire Fighter mentioned, and specified by name, but I think the BFD is NOT in the EMS business.

Boston EMS is part of the Boston Public Health Commission. I'm not able to find any information regarding a "Boston Health and Hospitals Corporation".

Boston FD does, in some circumstances, respond with EMS but is not in the routine business of providing EMS.

This information is easily accessible.

Boston EMS is part of the Boston Public Health Commission. I'm not able to find any information regarding a "Boston Health and Hospitals Corporation".

OK,. I was going on GIGO memory, as what I thought I had been told was "Boston Health and Hospitals Corporation".

I stand/sit corrected.

(GIGO= Old computer programming phrase, acronym for "Garbage In, Garbage Out")

I'm sorry... "Boston EMS Fraud"?

You may not have committed a copyright violation by linking the article, but you did libel an entire organization who's name appeared nowhere in the linked story.

+1

I almost choked when I read the post title, knowing how absolutely 100% wrong the supposition is. I'm dissapointed.

To all EMS personnel working in or near Boston:

I appear to have made a bad misstatement, to the inadvertent detriment of the Boston area's EMS providers, for which I most humbly apologize. It remains my hope that the individuals working under falsified refresher EMT certifications and/or licensing be taken from the midst of the rest of the collective EMS community, who earned and/or maintain their training status by actually doing the studying and test taking as proscribed by either local community and/or the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Department of Health standards, or under whatever the proper name of said agency, which I also regret not knowing.

:innocent:

We still love you Richard, even though the Yankees SUCK!

I have stated this before, and probably will do so again:

I like the Mets, as they are my "home town" team.

I like the Yankees, because I like tradition.

AND...

I like any team beating the Dodgers, as both my parents came from BROOKLYN!

(This concludes the Sports section)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.