Tired of transport...

BoCat9

Or perhapos even an actual ambulance service :rolleyes:

You mean like one which requires a Bachelors Degree for Paramedics, has lots of those helpful Clinical Standards Officers, pays more than minimum wage and has no "protocols"?

Wow does such a place even exist??? :D

Hang on ... I see, yes, yes, ok, oops gotta nick off some bloke has just rung up for ketamine, Tango 3 Auckland responding

/taking the piss

You mean like one which requires a Bachelors Degree for Paramedics, has lots of those helpful Clinical Standards Officers, pays more than minimum wage and has no "protocols"?

Wow does such a place even exist??? :D

Hang on ... I see, yes, yes, ok, oops gotta nick off some bloke has just rung up for ketamine, Tango 3 Auckland responding

/taking the piss

LOL

Clearly working for one hasn't improved my proof reading abilities ;)

Besides Kiwi, change of government and the brave new service, i dont work for a real service either anymore.

LOL

Clearly working for one hasn't improved my proof reading abilities ;)

Besides Kiwi, change of government and the brave new service, i dont work for a real service either anymore.

Would you rather we went back to the seventies when ambos wore shorts with knee length socks and had big handlebar 'satches?

Now that's a service right there!

Would you rather we went back to the seventies when ambos wore shorts with knee length socks and had big handlebar 'satches?

Now that's a service right there!

I wasn't born till '83

I worked for a service in Pittsburgh for 9 years that did 70% transports. We also did 911 calls for a town of 10,000 and about 6 nursing homes in PGH. Yes it gets old taking grandma back and forth, but good way to stay in practice with vitals and your "people" skills, and face it, that's the money maker for EMS.

Obviously, that would be decided by those in power in a local jurisdiction.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Sounds like a real easy, stress free job. Why are you stressed out over it?

Would you rather see people decapitated? or suicides? I don't see how that would be easier to do. Those are the type of EMT's that I would expect to be over stressed.

I am sure it has to do with location as well. If you're in a bigger city working as an EMT, I am sure it's more exciting. The more people, the more problems.....

Edited by jsd67

• 5 months later...

Sounds like a real easy, stress free job. Why are you stressed out over it?

Would you rather see people decapitated? or suicides? I don't see how that would be easier to do. Those are the type of EMT's that I would expect to be over stressed.

I am sure it has to do with location as well. If you're in a bigger city working as an EMT, I am sure it's more exciting. The more people, the more problems.....

Son, both jobs are stressful.

For example: stupid nursing home staff call you rather than 911 for a critical patient/ ER docs calling a rig an with a hour ETA to make a three hour transport which that pt requires a bird.

sub standard equipment and pitiful protocols when your transporting unstable patients

writing 12 reports per shift with four pages of paperwork a pop

little to no respect from the 911 service (its that way no my area cant speak for the rest of the nation.)

your a patch and a pulse in private

now for the 911

getting called out twice a day for the same person because they are so drunk "they cant move"

getting called out 15 minutes before your shift end

having to drive 30 miles out to bring back a critical patient (Im out in a frontier service so that's normal)

Having to wait for the fire department to arrive on scene to cut out a severely injured patient that is circling the drain before you eyes

good luck being able to have a hot meal on shift

the biggest one especially working small town is you never know when someone you know will be the next dead on scene, cardiac arrest, car wreck, or accident.

They both are stressful. Its an occupation which if you don't care for yourself it will take your own life (heart attack, stroke) or your sanity.

Pardon if that sounds a bit harsh but this isn't like emergency.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.