"Feelin' cruddy."

Bieber

Hello,

Edit: In my last post I should have said a RBB with a hemiblock. The left side has two pathways while the left has only one. LOL....this supports my point that I need to work on my cardiac more.

With a history of HTN and DM maybe the patient has started to develop some renal insufficiency as well. Could explain the elevated potassium as well.

Cheers

You know, I don't have the 12 lead anymore, but I don't think I saw anything concerning on it. No peaked T waves, no ST changes there might have been some pathological Q waves from his previous MI's but I can't remember. It was a pretty benign 12 lead if I'm recalling correctly--nothing that led me toward hyperkalemia or a STEMI, anyway.

Hmm, I may be way off on this, but based on what I have read (Pre-cardiology in medic school) is one of the factors showing the left ventricular hypertrophy would be a raised ST segment, as would hyperkalemia. could you have been seeing a large pt. and assuming the LVH from the ST elevation when it could have been diagnostic of the Hyperkalemia? If I am looking at this wrong please correct me, this is shooting from the hip without the formal classroom education to back it up.

Fireman1037