Ambulance Goes off Cliff

My condolences to these two medics loved ones.

Five Line of Duty Deaths in the last five years. That's five too many. BC has some obvious safety issues that need to be addressed. The sooner we do the better. I'm sick of losing colleagues. We're looking at greater than one lost for every thousand of us in just the last five years (approx. 3500 license holders in all of BC).

post-8540-020806100 1287599920_thumb.jpg

I have been informed that a representative of Paramedics Association of Canada (Benevolent Society) will be in attendance for the services (when announced)

If anyone in Western Canada would care to show support and like to attend ... contact PM.

rock_shoes: Do you have a email contact so that members of this EMT community can forward their professional condolences to the families and colleague's ?

cheers.

My condolences to these two medics loved ones.

Five Line of Duty Deaths in the last five years. That's five too many. BC has some obvious safety issues that need to be addressed. The sooner we do the better. I'm sick of losing colleagues. We're looking at greater than one lost for every thousand of us in just the last five years (approx. 3500 license holders in all of BC).

I agree in the fact that loosing five is five to many. I talked to someone that grew up in Tofino and this part of the roadway is very steep and dangerous. It was an early morning call where it is very easy to fall asleep, going to fast (apperently when it says go 30km you go 30km), another car comming the other way as it is very narrow, and in one report they said they had to chase a bear away from the scene so maybe they swerved to avoid it. The blame should be addressed to the ministry of transport as this accident waiting to happen has been on their table for many years and was a part of the municiaple meetings in Whistler this year.. This particular accident is beyond the BCAS Union ability to fix.

When we lost the BCAS medivac plane 15 years ago we lost our ability to do night medivacs for years until they discovered that it was human error and not he airports fault. This could easily happen in Tofino in the effect of no night transfers but the unfortunant thing is people get sick when they sick not on our time line.

:cry:

My condolences and prayers go out to the families and friends of the two medics.

What a sad sad day for the members of BCAS, and all who work in EMS. It is a terrible thing to lose a colleague.

Happi, what makes this loss so much worse is exactly the items you pointed out. If this stretch of road has been known to be a danger for so long, why has the BC government not fixed it (ok, I know why, but my mom and dad always told me that stupidity was not a valid excuse).

Be safe out there,

Annie

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.