Triton Ambulance Type 2

Triton, as in Ford E-series with the Triton engine? If so I loved them. MY old service used almost exclusively type II rigs (almost all Ford E-350s) and they were nice. Very rarely broke down, comfortable in the back, just enough room for most services (unless you're doing something stupid like transporting a working code). The only time I wished for a box was a flight team transfer w/ 3 flight crew in the back along with me and the pt.

Triton, as in Ford E-series with the Triton engine? If so I loved them. MY old service used almost exclusively type II rigs (almost all Ford E-350s) and they were nice. Very rarely broke down, comfortable in the back, just enough room for most services (unless you're doing something stupid like transporting a working code). The only time I wished for a box was a flight team transfer w/ 3 flight crew in the back along with me and the pt.

Triton is a newer Type 2 only manufacturer

Until today, I knew nothing of the Triton. Information (via Google) showing them at http://www.lonestarev.com/triton.html. Looks nice in the picture, but nobody rides in a picture. Anyone actually ridden in one of these Triton type 2 ambulances?

I'd suggest contacting the link, and ask for the name, address and phone or E-Mail of a service that purchased one from this vendor, and ask the customer what they like about this brand/type, and more important, what they didn't like, to determine if your service might be interested in one.

• 4 weeks later...

i really dislike the vans. my part time is at a private company that uses these. they are small and cramped. then again that job is a private and we dont do 911 so it doesnt matter much.

that do however, drive very well. Better then my box at my real job.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.