BOOTS

FSU-EMT

I wear the Haix Airpower X1 EMS Station boot with the front zipper.

http://www.haix-boot.../airpower-x1-us

They're pricey coming in at $260 a pair ... however let me through this out there.

I bought my pair four years ago. I've had them resoled once ($70) so in total I've invested $340 in my foot wear in four years.

The boots are amazing. They are EXTREMELY comfortable.

Hey, I'm very interested in those boots, because I had to change my old Magnums (which are real crap). The link you provided offers a pair of boots for 69$, when you told about 260$! Is it a mistake on the website? The product presented for such price seems to be very good, but I don't want to order and pay if they may cancel the order for any reason.

If it's the real price, how come it's so much cheaper when it seem to be pretty much the same as the other boots presented in the same category??

Thanks

PS: I'm size 44-45 (european) which is about 11. What's the corresponding size on their website??

I totally agree to Hillintheburgh..I've started my career in Haix, tried a few other brands over the time..And always came back to them as nothing compares to them. Basically I've had three pairs so far, although the second pair is still fit for work -but I was reluctant to take them to Australia as this sets off quarantine a bit if the boots look to worn-.

(And the best thing is the fact that their factory outlet is basically half an hour away from where my parents life:D )

I've worn them in very heavy terrain, from mountain/snow rescue to the desert...

Personally I do not believe the 69$ offer, I would guess that is some kind of typo or probably just the sole. Even if you get to their factory outlet -where you can buy "B Quality" ones- you will never get them under 180USD, maybe 150$ if you really know the salesperson.

@Securiste: Your size should be US 10.5 afaik.

Krumel: Thank you for your advice! Yes I found that price kinda weird, that's why I didn't ordered yet :D

One last question: between the Airpower 100 and the Airpower R1, what's the difference? They have the same characteristics it seems, but about 30$ difference.

Thanks!

The "Airpower100" seems like the old version - The R1 is the newer one I think..But I don't know for sure as the European and American model names are totally different.

Why? I have no idea.

And its obvious that the US part of the company sells old modells as new ones:(

You find the german/european model names here:

http://www.haix.com/en/products/rescue/

The R91 (the R90 basically is the same without the good membrane layer) are a "love it or hate it" thing. Some people love them, but obviously the new "closing system" is not everyones thing, especially as the front plate make the hole boot much stiffer. I tried the R91 and the X1 and clearly favored the X1 which I found much more comfy as the R91 especially when working on the ground. On the resistant side I don't think there is much difference. A haix is a haix;)

Ok and thank you for your advice! I think I'll go for the X1. Does it grips nicely on the snow?

Beside I've found the reason for the very low price on the other web-link: that boots is no longer produced, so 70€ is the actual price! Yet, only very small/big sizes remain available.

So if anyone is size 6,5 or 13,5 and bigger and wish to get new boots, run to their website and check it out.

It is perfect for the "normal/city" snow, although when working in the swiss alps I from time to time would have preferred the longer/bigger FD-type boots..But I don't think you find half a meter of snow in Paris:D

It is perfect for the "normal/city" snow, although when working in the swiss alps I from time to time would have preferred the longer/bigger FD-type boots..But I don't think you find half a meter of snow in Paris:D

Well that's perfect! In Paris we now have snow almost each year but that's not a big deal. The thing is I do take my duty boots on my trips in the alps, because I don't want to buy a pair of snow boots. I rarely find myself in snow to my waist up though. :D

Thanks for all your counsels, I've ordered a pair of X1 on the EU website. I like the new design of the R91 but I was afraid they'd be too stiff and I don't want my fellow EMTs or firefighter to stare at my feet asking wtf are those boots, lol.

For now I have to glue my Magnums for them to hold on one more week. Jeez those are bad.

Baya: yes you're right :)

Im not endorcing a product here or being paid in any way...

5.11 ATAC Boot!!

I have booth the 8" side zip and the 6" station version

I wear the 8" as a duty boot and the 6" is my daily everyday wear.

VERY comfortable. They are oil and BBP resistant, anti slip, have a composite toe (not steel, carbon fiber), can take a shine if needed, water resistant (I never say proof unless its a yellow rain boot LOL) and comfortable.

I wear these boots as well in a non-zipper version, and absolutely love them. They are light weight, offer good support, and offer good bang for your buck!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.