BOOTS

FSU-EMT

I have to say the best pair I ever owned were military combat boots, once I broke them in (hurt like hell the first week).  I took them to shoe repair place and had them sew zippers into the side, and I wore them for probably 7-8 years, had them re-soled once.  Once I got into management, i just moved to a polishable black tennis shoe.  

I did have a part-time job that required steel-toe, so I went to walmart and bought their work-boot, and that was a big mistake, didnt last a month.  So I would definitely opt for spending more for quality.  In any major city, there is usually a quality "work boot" store, that may even have a truck that will come to factories or any workplace that invites them, see if you have one of those nearby.

Edited by hatelilpeepees
  • Like 1

I wear these boots, http://www.511tactical.com/All-Products/Footwear/8-Boots/XPRT-Tactical-Boot-8-Boot.html, produced by 5.11. They cost a bit more, but they are bar none, the best lasting, most comfortable boots I have ever worn. I would recomend them to anyone in a heartbeat. best feature they have? the protection over the toe that prevents your toe getting scuffed to crap, and making your boots look horrible. Must have piece of kit, in my opinion.

• Like 1

I have found that Throughgood boots have a "trooper" boot that is great ( to me anyway ) they do run close to 150.00 but a polishable, durable and come in a non steel safety toe.

Kyle, i would not recommend a "non-boot" Boot. Boots are usually required by most services for your protection just due to the nature of the job. we are in various injury producing situations that shoes would not last in nor would they protect you from injury should something get dropped or you kick something ... ect.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wear Bates side zip boots from Zappos http://www.zappos.co...-side-zip-black

which matches my black stethoscope tape holder from www.statgeartools.com

and a black cap from http://www.thefirest...n_uniform_hats/

Beat that!!

Coz’ every girls crazy ‘bout a sharp dressed man. but you are paying about 20 bucks too much for the boots. I got a pair of Delta 8 side zips for 100 bucks.

Edited by DFIB

• 4 weeks later...

I use Iron Age 8 inch lace up w/ a zipper I laced in I also have a pair of Rhinos. THe Iron Age is able to be resoled but the Rhinos are not. Got five year out of both, Had to replace the Rhinos and had the Iron Age resoled

I like the combat style with zippers good support for the ankles and I also get gel insoles to put inside to help cushion the feet.

• 2 weeks later...

I wear Rocky alpha force and they seem to be the choice for most people in my company. Also the local boot store in the area sells them to use for about 25% off of regular price. I like them they dont leak but are a little hot in the summer but great in the winter with snow and rain.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.