BOOTS

FSU-EMT

You can get the zippers separate... and "lace" them into the shoelace holes with zip ties

I've seen the results of using 'zip ties' to attach those 'speed lacers' to a pair of boots. I thought it looked tacky as hell, and there was always that 'snag factor'.

I recently bought a new pair of boots. They didn't have what I wanted so I ended up getting a pair of Blackhawk Warrior boots. I'm still in the 'break in period', but they seem to be getting more comfortable as the stiffness of a new pair of boots wears off.

As far as ease of getting in/out, I'm not so sure about. Maybe I'm doing something wrong here, but it seems that I've got to fight with the boots to get them on...could it be that I've laced them up too tight?

They seem to be comfortable once I get my feet into them, and you can feel the 'squish' of the soles, so you know they'll cut down on the shock of walking, jumping and vibration.

I ended up having to get at least a half size larger than I normally wear, but they seem to breathe well, and highly water resistant/proof. These got 'tested' one night when I found out that my partner parked in a big puddle, and I had no choice but to step down in it. The water was over the tops of the lowers (foot area) of the boot, and didn't get water inside the boot.

I was looking for the traditional 8" boot, but this 7" boot is all they had near my size...

Blackhawk Warrior-ZW7

• 2 months later...

I have tried several different brands. My favorite boots to wear on the job are not EMS boots at all. They're Red Wing work boots. The pair I have lasted three years. The leather is still good, they just need to be resoled. They are tough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A number of people in my service wear Danners, but I find them too heavy, and my feet ache by the end of the day.

I prefer 511's. They don't last as long as the Danners, and their tread isn't quite as good, but I find them a lot more comfortable, and to me, comfort beats long term wear any day. If my feet hurt, I am grouchy, and that makes everyone around me grouchy too...

I might have mentioned this on other strings, but it bears repeating: For any footwear, the shoe or boot needs to fit you. You shouldn't fit the shoe or boot.

Someone brought this up on this string, already. Nobody wants to be made grumpy, because someone else is grumpy from uncomfortable boots.

Grumpiness may be almost as contageous as yawning.

I bought a pair of Thorogood Omega series boots. They took a while to break in but now I LOVE them. They have held up great for me and they are comfy. They also keep my feet dry and warm. They were just under $150 but well worth it.

Let me rephrase my last posting. If the shoe needs "breaking in", it is not the shoe getting used to the wearer, it is, instead, the foot, possibly painfully, getting used to the boot.

• 2 months later...

well i actually liked my old bates "high tops" very sturdy. cost a crap load but i could walk through the crap np. now i have 5.11's they are ok get the job done. along with my 5.11 shirts and 5.11 tac lite pants ......dammit im a whacker again.......crud

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.